DNA 200 Questions

Malthazare

What happends if you forget to change your voltage in escribe? If I was to put in a 2 cell and it was set to a 3 cell or I had a 3 cell selected and plugged it in to my car.

Be extremely careful plugging it into your car - your alternator can be putting out as much as 14.5 volts. 

If it is set to 3s and you plug a 2s into it it will not fire. 

It will fire and charge with a 3s battery if it is set to 2s, because it can see there's an extra cell there. 

It will fire regardless of input voltage (and will never charge) if it is set to power supply. It will do so without regard for itself: it will happily blow fuses or try to fire from 4 volts or 15 volts or any other horrible things you might try to make it do. SO be careful what you feed it 

John said:

We will either have reference cases for sale or we will case up boards and have reference mods for sale. Possibly/likely both at various times. I have a couple hundred cases at the moment that I will need to do something with. But we are primarily a board manufacturer, we can make about 20 times as many DNA 200s as we can make reference cases, so case and mod availability directly from us will be pretty spotty. 

Literally ecstatic when I saw this^^

Been a month since I made this post and after the answers I got, I thought it'd be a good time to check back. After reading through your comments I've decided that I will be checking the main Evolv page everyday until I get my hands on a DNA 200 Reference Box Mod. Lol I've got the savings from my last two paychecks ready to go... Any chance you could give me a release date/possible release time frame? I can't wait to vape on this thing.

There talking about AC-DC. Seeing how this board acts like an led I'm going to treat it like one so I'm buying this http://www.mouser.com/Search/m_ProductDetail.aspx?Arcol%2fHS200-0R22-1%2f&qs=sGAEpiMZZMtbXrIkmrvidKzXrWGN%252biMBiHsTbHMqfQQ%3d 15A is more than plenty plus I don't see why this wouldn't work

image.jpg

I didn't have any 14 or 12 gage wire so I used 2 20gage wires for the FDV 510. Does anyone know what that gage would be? I'm thinking 10 gage, both wires did fit in the 2mm hole of the 510 (positive hole) and it does fire just need to let the shoe goo set up before I show it off

• 2 weeks later...