battery life query

Popeye

Hey all. I picked up a vt box 200 to try out the dna 200 chip and to be fair it vapes really well. I usually use it at 70w. I used the same build on a series 18650 regulated at the same power and it lasted much longer. Has anyone else noticed poor battery life with these? Thanks

andy clem said:

[QUOTE=Popeye]18650 series would be 18.5 and the lipo should be 19.98Wh

So theoretically i should get around the same life, but i really dont.

[/QUOTE] Ive got the vt box too buddy and like you am a bit disappointed with battery life. Ive got mine set up the same as you at 19.98wh cell soft cut off 3.9v ive noticed it lasts a bit longer now I've changed fade out time on screen. And also screen brightness 100% was far too much as its a bright screen anyway. Other than that I'm very pleased with the device.my first one went back so Ive got the so called v2 with previous issues all fixed. First one was black n red. This one is black n white. Anyway enjoy n happy vaping buddy

Sorry, it should be 14.5 on my series box and 19.98 on the lipo i used 3 cells instead of 2 so apologies for that.

I am impressed with it tbh, mine is a v2 black and red ive pulled it apart and its got the pressed 510 and the battery connectors are on as they should be :)

My soft cutoff is at 3.09 as standard, ive changed the screen brightness and the fade it seems to have improved a little but i would love to get a day out of it with my casual setup.

Popeye said:

Hey all. I picked up a vt box 200 to try out the dna 200 chip and to be fair it vapes really well. I usually use it at 70w. I used the same build on a series 18650 regulated at the same power and it lasted much longer. Has anyone else noticed poor battery life with these? Thanks

On a 2000 mah maxamps lipo, 22.2 watt/hours I'm getting nearly two days normal vape time while I'm piddling with work on the side (I vape for my career, I only work to pay the bills :)  ) on 80 watts kanthal, a day and a half vaping a good bit. And I'm an insomniac who doesn't sleep much. I have a LiPo charger so sometimes I'll cut it closer than I normally would and not charge it at 45- 50% the first night and go on through the second day.

Vape_Like_A_Boss said:

[QUOTE=Popeye]Hey all. I picked up a vt box 200 to try out the dna 200 chip and to be fair it vapes really well. I usually use it at 70w. I used the same build on a series 18650 regulated at the same power and it lasted much longer. Has anyone else noticed poor battery life with these? Thanks

On a 2000 mah maxamps lipo, 22.2 watt/hours I'm getting nearly two days normal vape time while I'm piddling with work on the side (I vape for my career, I only work to pay the bills :)  ) on 80 watts kanthal, a day and a half vaping a good bit. And I'm an insomniac who doesn't sleep much. I have a LiPo charger so sometimes I'll cut it closer than I normally would and not charge it at 45- 50% the first night and go on through the second day.[/QUOTE] have you purchased that battery and if so could you tell me where from?and does it fit into the vt box and its deans connectors . I'd like to have a bit more battery life if possible.

andy clem said:

[QUOTE=Vape_Like_A_Boss][QUOTE=Popeye]Hey all. I picked up a vt box 200 to try out the dna 200 chip and to be fair it vapes really well. I usually use it at 70w. I used the same build on a series 18650 regulated at the same power and it lasted much longer. Has anyone else noticed poor battery life with these? Thanks

On a 2000 mah maxamps lipo, 22.2 watt/hours I'm getting nearly two days normal vape time while I'm piddling with work on the side (I vape for my career, I only work to pay the bills :)  ) on 80 watts kanthal, a day and a half vaping a good bit. And I'm an insomniac who doesn't sleep much. I have a LiPo charger so sometimes I'll cut it closer than I normally would and not charge it at 45- 50% the first night and go on through the second day.[/QUOTE] have you purchased that battery and if so could you tell me where from?and does it fit into the vt box and its deans connectors . I'd like to have a bit more battery life if possible. [/QUOTE]can I have the manufacturer make and model a nd where you purchased your battery from .specs re size etc if you could.thanks

vidalcris said:

@Popeye : Someone on a french forum said that the battery on the Vtbox200 is 1220mah .. he measured that with a external charger.

I also got the VTbox200 and i will try with something around 14Wh to see what happen ;)
For now i'm waiting for my new chipset because the first one is dead :(

so do you think the settings at 1998wh is too high and would cause the battery damage? They don't seem to be what it said on the tin . Vapecige twats

The 10C and so on indicate the MAXIMUM discharge rate that the battery is capable of, safely.  For example a 10C, 1000mah, battery can be safely discharged at a 10amp continuous rate.  What boggles my mind is seeing 4000 and 6000mah battery packs with 100C ratings.  That's some really serious power!