VaporShark 2A charging and escribe

Just heard back from Vaporshark regarding zip charging with the DNA200 balance charger.

They confirmed it will allow you to use all functions of the balance charger, and that you can still use Escribe to change the charging mode.

I usually have USB current set as one of my charging displays so it will be real easy to check when mine arrives.

alistairs said:

Just heard back from Vaporshark regarding zip charging with the DNA200 balance charger.

They confirmed it will allow you to use all functions of the balance charger, and that you can still use Escribe to change the charging mode.

I usually have USB current set as one of my charging displays so it will be real easy to check when mine arrives.

I am eager to see inside one then.  Looking at the chip, I see no obvious way for it to communicate with a zip charging daughter board, but if escrib is setting charging limits for an off chip charger, that then lets the onboard balancer drain high cells it must be so in some capacity.  It must be some simple way of feeding the 2A charge back to the chip and letting it take it from there.

• 3 weeks later...
wtcamer said:

Yeah I wanna know how this works as well. I drain my battery as fast as I charge it and I hate having to stay tethered because I'm scared it might get too low xD This .97amps is nice, but 1.97 would be a lot nicer ^_^

Well I can't tell you exactly how it works, but I can tell you it does work on the Vaporshark DNA200. It's silly fast, approx 90 mins from empty to full. I don't run mine right down so its usually less than an hour when I top up each evening.

• 3 weeks later...