Screw hole drilled

KomengzX

Hai,

does anyone know or try to drill the screw hole on the PCB became bigger?
is there any negative impact? i know that the  board is multiple layer and got through hole
connection but maybe if just cut off the through hole connection at screw hole doesn't give any impact.

awsum140 said:

Where is "around here"?  Home Depot has them and Amazon and FleaBay have them by the ton, or tonne.  Local "True Value" or Ace hardware stores should also have them and even have metric equivalents.

Not any stores near me. The hardware departments are all in shambles. At my local Home Depot, half the prepackaged baggies of "ordinary" screws are missing a part or two from theft. Even a suburban ace hardware had many empty bins (including all the #0 hardware of course) and all the parts mixed up. People are all selfish, in a hurry and think nothing of the next guy or the future. I need to move to civilization lol.

Nick said:

Do not do this. You will absolutely destroy and short your boards. Don't ask me how I know. :D

I just had this happen.  I had a screw strip/break in one of the reference case designs from Evolv.  The threads would not let go of the chip, so tried to delicately drill it out to get the chip out.  Boom.  Here is hoping I can swap it out!  The reference case is great, but the fasteners are very fragile.

blueridgedog said:

[QUOTE=Nick]Do not do this. You will absolutely destroy and short your boards. Don't ask me how I know. :D

I just had this happen.  I had a screw strip/break in one of the reference case designs from Evolv.  The threads would not let go of the chip, so tried to delicately drill it out to get the chip out.  Boom.  Here is hoping I can swap it out!  The reference case is great, but the fasteners are very fragile.[/QUOTE]

Put in a ticket, we will take care of you! We've all destroyed our fair share of boards, myself included.

awsum140 said:

Where is "around here"?  Home Depot has them and Amazon and FleaBay have them by the ton, or tonne.  Local "True Value" or Ace hardware stores should also have them and even have metric equivalents.

Malaysia. already try to find the 0# or M1.6 screw at the local store including screw shops.
minimum they can provide only M2. actually already have M1.6 screw but not with nut.
for my design, I plan to use the screw with nut to mount the PCB. maybe have to contact the online screw and nut companies and try to get MOQ.