screw stays/spacers for board

blueridgedog said:

[QUOTE=laadam]That is a good kit. Wish something like that was available in the states

I am stateside.  I order from them frequently and the shipping is not to pricing is and is more than reasonable from a speed standpoint.  [/QUOTE] Thanks. Good to know

masonjarvapes said:

I'm placing the screen elsewhere(not right in front of the board) can I use silicon(liquid firming type) so that the board is spaced correctly away from the metal box and also electrically isolated from the box as well?

Ideally the board should be removable just in case it craps the bed, fuse, etc.  I think if you're talking about coating the inside of the box with a silicone sealant thick enough so it can't be worn through, I don't see why that wouldn't work.  The wires for battery and 510 are thick enough to support the board in position if all it does is sit in the box.  I wouldn't use silicone sealant as an adhesive though because then there's no way to get the board back out.

0-80 screws, in stainless, are easily available off of FleaBay or even Home Despot.  I used some plastic tubing I got at a hobby shop, 1/8" OD fits a 0-80 screw perfectly.  It's easy to cut with a razor knife and easy to sand as well.  I wouldn't try drilling out the holes at all, that board is a very high density printed circuit, multiple layers, and the risk of breaking a trace, internally, is too great.  I also wouldn't silicon the board in place.  If something goes wrong, you're stuck with a mess trying to get it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to chime in here and say that the only thing we approve for use on anything that comes in contact with the board is a Silicone/RTV that is non-corrosive or electronics grade, such as the following:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005T8R6LY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687742&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0063U2RT8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=19S9F5TH4AEGKX71VQB8

Anything else is a big nono, especially solvent based glues or epoxies, the two part epoxies commonly used, etc.

VapingBad said:

And Sugru?  Silicon putty that is really useful, on their site is often used with electronic and as I posted on another thread I have used with DNA40 51 weeks ago (nearly a year of temp limiting :D) I would love this to get a green or red light form you guys.

Sugru is fine. Anything silicone based is okay as long it is solvent free and non-corrosive.

Nick said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad]And Sugru?  Silicon putty that is really useful, on their site is often used with electronic and as I posted on another thread I have used with DNA40 51 weeks ago (nearly a year of temp limiting :D) I would love this to get a green or red light form you guys.

Sugru is fine. Anything silicone based is okay as long it is solvent free and non-corrosive.[/QUOTE]
Cheers Nick, I thought it would be and it is great stuff for the home modder.