Dead Hotcig DX200

oldfossil

Please help.

Ordered my DX200 from GearBest 12th Oct, received in the UK today, 19th Oct.
Turned on and see the battery bar showing low battery.
Fired up Escribe and connected DX200 to update firmware and charge battery.
W7 PC tries to install device driver but fails, but sees a DNA 200 connected.
ESribe eventually sees DX200 and says firmware needs upgrading, which I tell it to do.
Then EScribe freezes, will not respond, screen goes off on mod and it is now totally unresponsive.
After 30 mins shut EScribe down using Windows Task Manager and try again.
EScribe can not see DX200, PC can not see it either.
Battery voltage measured at 11.31v with multi-meter.

I was so looking forward to my first DNA200 and now in less than an hour it is bricked.

Charles.

dc601 said:

Try running EScribe and click on TOOLS/Update Firmware. Open the folder in the popup screen and pick the firmware

Wait,same thing happened to me! How exactly do I do this? I am running VB on an iMac...so where do I find this "tools" you speak of? Ok, I found it, but whenever I try to press "ok" it keeps saying "device is not connected"...so is my mod dead?

digatel said:

[QUOTE=dc601]Try running EScribe and click on TOOLS/Update Firmware. Open the folder in the popup screen and pick the firmware

Wait,same thing happened to me! How exactly do I do this? I am running VB on an iMac...so where do I find this "tools" you speak of? Ok, I found it, but whenever I try to press "ok" it keeps saying "device is not connected"...so is my mod dead?[/QUOTE]

If an update fails on a VirtualBox setup, you may have to do the manual update via a real PC.  I had a failed update that I could not resolve with VirtualBox but did get it to work with a PC.  Make certain that the DNA200 is plugged in while booting the PC.

blueridgedog said:

[QUOTE=digatel][QUOTE=dc601]Try running EScribe and click on TOOLS/Update Firmware. Open the folder in the popup screen and pick the firmware

Wait,same thing happened to me! How exactly do I do this? I am running VB on an iMac...so where do I find this "tools" you speak of? Ok, I found it, but whenever I try to press "ok" it keeps saying "device is not connected"...so is my mod dead?[/QUOTE]

If an update fails on a VirtualBox setup, you may have to do the manual update via a real PC.  I had a failed update that I could not resolve with VirtualBox but did get it to work with a PC.  Make certain that the DNA200 is plugged in while booting the PC.[/QUOTE] My device is plugged in, however, since I can't turn it on and it shows no signs of life, it is not detecting it. It is devastating and Gearbest is not being very cooperative. They are really screwing me over. I've been contacting them since last Tuesday and have gotten nowhere with them.

digatel said:

[QUOTE=blueridgedog][QUOTE=digatel][QUOTE=dc601]Try running EScribe and click on TOOLS/Update Firmware. Open the folder in the popup screen and pick the firmware

If an update fails on a VirtualBox setup, you may have to do the manual update via a real PC.  I had a failed update that I could not resolve with VirtualBox but did get it to work with a PC.  Make certain that the DNA200 is plugged in while booting the PC.[/QUOTE] My device is plugged in, however, since I can't turn it on and it shows no signs of life, it is not detecting it. It is devastating and Gearbest is not being very cooperative. They are really screwing me over. I've been contacting them since last Tuesday and have gotten nowhere with them. [/QUOTE]

Get in contact wit the sales rep on this forum

http://www.thailandvapers.com/forums/gearbest.166/

She is usually very helpful.
And when you contact them tru a forum they are more responsive, because many other people read those post too.
Good luck

oldfossil said:

Please help.

Ordered my DX200 from GearBest 12th Oct, received in the UK today, 19th Oct.
Turned on and see the battery bar showing low battery.
Fired up Escribe and connected DX200 to update firmware and charge battery.
W7 PC tries to install device driver but fails, but sees a DNA 200 connected.
ESribe eventually sees DX200 and says firmware needs upgrading, which I tell it to do.
Then EScribe freezes, will not respond, screen goes off on mod and it is now totally unresponsive.
After 30 mins shut EScribe down using Windows Task Manager and try again.
EScribe can not see DX200, PC can not see it either.
Battery voltage measured at 11.31v with multi-meter.

I was so looking forward to my first DNA200 and now in less than an hour it is bricked.

Charles.

I feel your pain. I received mine a few weeks ago-I got the battery working, but not fully-it would constantly give a DNA200-Battery-Warranty issue warning, and I would have to connect to escribe to make it work-until it finally died. 

Gearbest are awful customer service wise-on another forum a friend is having the exact same problem, promises that a new battery will be sent within 24 to 48 hours, and a week later still not sent. 

I ordered the replacement from fastech this morning, and put a paypal claim in for the cost of the replacement as gearbest was spouting lies to delay the battery. I am sure their principle is delay and hope you give up, but I wont be. 

I am a bit scared its not just the Li-Po though, I got an old Li-Po I had from my RC heli days and connected it up-it showed as fully balanced in escribe, and 9watt hours. When I tried to fire, I got an 'Ohms too high" error. I checked the live resistance, and the ohms were nowhere near too high, for NI200 it was 0.08, and with TI dual coil was 0.177. The funny thing was, even though it would not fire, the resistance would climb as if it was firing in the atomizer analyzer live view. 

So, I pray it is just the battery, as I could of bought a DNA 200 from the UK with what I have spent-I have a turniguy Li-Po arriving tomorrow, latest wednesday to temporarily use as it wont fit in the housing and I willl have to fashion one myself, and hopefully that will work and it is just because the Li-Po I am trying to use is so old that it is damaged as well causing the 'ohms too high error' otherwise, thats over £120 down the drain and I will have to spend the same to get another. Suppose they say pay cheap pay twice-it could well be the case here.