Sweet Spots Ti wire troubles

Templar

This may be just a generic lack of knowledge, and I can find very little info on using temp control with Ti wire.

I am using SSV .5mm wire, I loaded their CSV off of their website, and everything seems to work fine except I get barely any vapor production before I hit the temp ceiling.

For ease of my first time I used a single coil it was steady at .35 ohms. I set it at 350 F and I could get about a half a second hit before I hit the temp ceiling. This was at 110W. So I dropped down to 60w let it sit for a second, then tried again. Same issue I hit the temp ceiling extremely fast.

Raised temp to 450, Got the same issue. At this point I plugged into eScribe and made sure I had no shorts or other issues with the coil. Cold Ohms were same on the device as on my Ohm meter.

Anyone have any idea on what I am doing wrong.

Oh device is the Madvapes Templar.

I am using SSV wire now and getting a good vape, so some random things to check:  Is the CSV in the profile you have selected?  Is the atomizer good at TC or is there a variable resistance issue with it (when it gets hot is it changing the resistance to the point where the DNA200 "thinks" it has reached temp?)  Is the 510 well grounded so that variations in the ground don't trick the DNA200 board into thinking your coil is hotter than it really is?

I thought the sweet spot (no pun intended) was between .07 and .2 for Ti temp control.  I'm using the SS .5 as well with the newest curve from Ari @ 450F and getting great vapor production.  I did however turn down the punch from the recommended 7 to 5 for preheat.

I also use the older curve at 380 with great production as well, this is the curve that ends in .7, .765, 1.

This is in a subtank mini.  5 wrap on a 2mm bit.

e: the wattages are 23 and 19 respectively, coil reads at .17ohm, non-spaced.

Make sure that your mod is set to the same profile as the one you set up in eScribe, you have to set the profile manually on the mod (press Up and Down button to lock your Power; double click Up button (or Down button) and use Up or Down buttons to go to the right profile; don't forget to confirm the profile by pressing the Fire button.
It was one of the things that confused me when I got my first DNA200.
I have been using SSV Ti wire for several months, and everything has worked perfectly (until I tried the 0.4mm CSV file that they posted last week), Ari had sent the 0.5 CSV file to me when I first received my SSV wire).

Haastile1@hotmail.com said:

First, scrap the old csv and get the SSV refined version. Second, there is no sweet spot for Ti, run what you want. My dual coils are generally around .25 and my single coils around .6. Works flawlessly.

Is that the CSV off their website, or do I need to contact them to get it?

Going off what replies I have gotten I shouldn't be having any issues. But I still have the same issue. What temps are you guys vaping at?

Templar said:

[QUOTE=Haastile1@hotmail.com]First, scrap the old csv and get the SSV refined version. Second, there is no sweet spot for Ti, run what you want. My dual coils are generally around .25 and my single coils around .6. Works flawlessly.

Going off what replies I have gotten I shouldn't be having any issues. But I still have the same issue. What temps are you guys vaping at?[/QUOTE]http://www.sweetspotvapors.com/category_s/1856.htm

dwcraig1 said:

[QUOTE=Templar][QUOTE=Haastile1@hotmail.com]First, scrap the old csv and get the SSV refined version. Second, there is no sweet spot for Ti, run what you want. My dual coils are generally around .25 and my single coils around .6. Works flawlessly.

Going off what replies I have gotten I shouldn't be having any issues. But I still have the same issue. What temps are you guys vaping at?[/QUOTE]http://www.sweetspotvapors.com/category_s/1856.htm[/QUOTE]

Ok that is the CSV that I am currently using.

Templar said:

Troll RDA, 12 wraps at 3mm. I applied juice directly to the coil, then made sure the cotton was saturated.

I exclusively use .5mm Ti and .32 SS.
12 wraps on a 3mm mandrel seems way too much. I'm guessing you're making micro coils not spaced else you wont fit it in the atty!

If you're doing micro's try 4 wraps spaced instead, I think you'll get much better results.

lexalove said:

[QUOTE=Templar]Troll RDA, 12 wraps at 3mm. I applied juice directly to the coil, then made sure the cotton was saturated.

I exclusively use .5mm Ti and .32 SS.
12 wraps on a 3mm mandrel seems way too much. I'm guessing you're making micro coils not spaced else you wont fit it in the atty!

If you're doing micro's try 4 wraps spaced instead, I think you'll get much better results.

[/QUOTE]

The Troll is actually a really big RDA, but they were micro coils. I have read arguments on both sides of that fence and am just more familiar with unspaced coils. only 4 wraps seems like the resistance would be almost nothing.