Dead vt200

patrickgavin1983

Been searching for answers and submitted a ticket. Have had my hcigar vt200 for roughly a week, it was running fine then the next morning after getting to work it just decided to turn off. Will turn on when plugged into a usb plug but only if its plugged in... My guess is the board has taken a dive.. any suggestions or advice would be great.

Had exactly the same issue yesterday, been working flawless for weeks then just pop.

In my case ; 

Ni200 - 0.15ohm
Preheat - 200w
Temp - 450

It had been running this for around a week with no issues and then pop - Fuse Blown

Checked escribe last night - Batts were balanced and pack voltage was above nominal 11.8V

Cant see an obvious reason for why but i did see some other thread regarding some hCigar ones going pop with Ni builds.

Sending mine back to the modder for a new fuse, good job i kept a crappy old M80 for emergency use - People always slate the cheaper chinese stuff but hey ive not had one go wrong yet in 2 years

DNA 200 ? Faulty within 2 months

patrickgavin1983 said:

Been searching for answers and submitted a ticket. Have had my hcigar vt200 for roughly a week, it was running fine then the next morning after getting to work it just decided to turn off. Will turn on when plugged into a usb plug but only if its plugged in... My guess is the board has taken a dive.. any suggestions or advice would be great.

It will be the fuse - Small green thing next to B+ input, see if it has white line/s on it.
USB powers the board as the USB is after the fuse. You cant rub the DNA of USB power only though.

It's probably your battery. I had the same thing happen. After finding out that the warranty from Gearbest isn't worth anything. I put a new battery in myself. Son far it seems to have fixed the problem. This is the battery I used to replace the Hcigar battery with,  http://www.ebay.com/itm/361309525989. It fits into the mod with out having to mod the device or the battery.(Note you will have to switch the installed plug from the Hcigar battery to the new battery)

Update; I was wrong, it's not fixed. When I plugged into Escribe to monitor it charging the battery I watched it drain my battery down to 2.6v per cell. That happened while the USB was reading proper voltage and amps. That's 2 different batteries that have been drained by this mod. without an atty attached.

ChunkyButt200 said:

wheres does escribe gather the pack voltage from? the balance taps then added up to equal the pack voltage or main neg and pos leads? if you blew a fuse and the pack voltage is read from the main leads, wouldnt the blown fuse create an open circuit resulting in 0 volts for pack voltage in device monitor?

Yes from the balance taps, but they are not fused so it could still read the cell voltages, neve had a fuse blow so I can't say what Escribe will show.

Wondering if wrong settings, or a particular type of setting can cause these things to pop fuses? Had a efusion Dna and that one turned completely off couldn't connect with Escribe got the message cannot detect usb device. Funny thing is mine started to get warm like was a short of some kind had to remove the lipo. Luckily mine happened 7 days from purchase so the store exchanged it for me.

patrickgavin1983 said:

I just got mine back from my reseller. I had the same problem after about two weeks, but shortly before it happened, there was a loud pop. When I checked the RBA, it looked like there might have been a short as the negative lead was glowing bright and was IMHO too close to the + post. The original one, SN#56xx had its MAH setting to 9 from the factory, and I changed it to 14.43 as prescribed by Escribe. The replacement, SN#12xxx came set to 14.43 out of the box. No problems, but only had it a few days.