Fragile screens

vmax100uk said:

Ive got 4 here VapingBad with a slight curve in them, theres no way they should have failed. Maybe they should have gone down the fixed screen route like sx350j, its just not funny anymore. Im seriously considering giving up building 200's because of this unnecessary design flaw.

That is more than unlucky, folding repeatedly in the same spot will break the conductors, folding once shouldn't, have you tried raising a ticket?

I think the phrase should be moor like bending, what im getting at is.. rather than one tight fold, two or three less shear bends close together to achieve the same position you whant it in. I also agree the screen shortage is a very poor show, they should have come up with several alternatives by now. What is it several months or somthing now.. It must be a dark cloud over the whole product.

Yep its all a good idear and great when ya get one that works, but unfortunatly i wouldnt trust any of the components in a car, motorcycle, helicopter, plane ect, so all in, a bit racked off, seeing that its my lungs at test, they need to bring the price down and in line with its worth.. to say theres a lot of clones of mods about may even be an understatement, ive been heavy handed tearing some apart to build outher things and theyve been solid and reliable, but you can get the impression at the moment that we are all nurse mading these boards allong for the research of the firm and payed with cash and hours and hours of headach and building time..to find that after a matter of hours use a chip burns out or screen ribbon cracks, surly logical explanation is cheep components. And poor design. to suggest that all mod builders including factories on a comercial scale who have encounterd problems is down to theirselves... dont think so... built six sent two back currently still waiting for the second to show up, ive done the work allready now got to redo it, saying sorry for your inconvinience aint hood enough realy when your compedent at soldering and assembly, am looking at the SXJ boards...
I do realise fairness to the company they could put foreward " this is how many weve sold in the last ten months and this is how many weve had back scenario" which makes me feel there are several posts on the forum where private builders have sent several back, myself included, 2 out of six, but not buiying direct makes me question have the boards been buggered about with by the merchants I bought them off, myself 2 boards each off three diferent merchants,  evolv should seal the box with tamperproof tape to cover the back of themselves and the merchant, but also the question of b grade and a grade.......... 

• 3 weeks later...

Deep frustration here regarding the screen issue.  My first build had a poorly routed screen whip.   Builds after that did not.  I like the form factor and like having the screen on the face of the device, so there appears to be only two options: assemblers manage the "extra" screen whip or a display with a shorter whip is custom made.  One assembler who is by no means a mass producer had an assembly jig made, where by a screen is inserted, a block of adhesive foam, then a board fitted to the jig.  The result is a correctly aligned screen, with free whip.  The whip is then routed and secured and the connector fastened.  If this can be done for a person making less than a 100 mods, then certainly the companies making 1000's should have a similar setup.

Finally got a replacemant, it took about five weeks from start to finnish and then a few hours to solder and fit, and get it running, i still prefer built rather than brought but what a pain in the neck.. you never get any discount offers for your trouble or even a slip saying with compliments ect..