Wismec Reuleaux Authentic DNA 200 Version

Vaportron

Hello DNAers!

I have read all the posts on the reuleaux dna and have some simple questions for you guys as well i guess as everyone in general.

1. In knowing about the fire button ribbon issue- do you guys fix it or does it really matter?
Can the ribbon take the pressure or not? Even Daniel is rolling his ribbon back what should i do and most importantly what is everyone else doing? Does anyone who work with these ribbons (like at evolv) know if this should just get fixed or will it be fine?

2. In the case of battery Whs and Mod resistance are you guys just using someone elses csv's or are you actually pulling this data for yourself? Wouldnt every mod differ slightly in internal resistance?
Wismec comes up with 0.003 or whatever but is that on average or on one device or on every device?
Are you leaving ambient temperature way low below 0 like all the screen shots i have been seeing?

3. wouldnt every single or married set of like batteries act somewhat dissimilar to its authentic counterparts? when using married set A of 25r's and running a battery analyzer and getting whatever you got, would you then have to do another analyzer on married sets B and C or would they all behave the same.. Same Same? Like when Mooch posts test results on something is that suppose to be the average expected results where some differences are found throughout batches or what not or are they ll the same.. Same Same?

4.Having Profiles on this thing is awesome i bet on the dna1000 you could upload mp3s and actual photos for each profile. whaat lol

the 'dna1k "multi-purpose powerbank"'

1.) it is a necessary fix for the longevity of the screen. however i've heard wismec has resolved the ribbon issue on newer units. can't confirm tho.

2.) for the mod resistance it'll most likely be very similar from mod to mod. i just kept what wismec had put in for mod res and case thermals. you can test your mod's resistance and case thermals on your own, if so desired. battery watt hours will very from battery to battery. you can just type in an approximate number but if you want your battery meter to be truly accurate to your vaping style, it's suggested you run battery analyzer at your avg vaping range. ex, you vape mostly in the 40-50 watt range, run battery analyzer at around 45 watts. 

3.)if you have six 25r's for example, i wouldn't run batt analyzer on set b, just a. that's me tho. once again, if you want your batt méter to be super accurate, then yes you would want to run batt analyzer on any set of 3 batts going into your reuleaux, regardless even if they're the same brand mah etc.

4.) the dna1000 will be able to do your taxes at the end of the fiscal year and will also incorporate a flux capacitor for portable time travel.

1. I only got mine yesterday - I've read about quite a few people "fixing" theirs, and some of them breaking their screen in the process, so I guess it depends how confident you are...
I haven't looked at mine yet - and my mod came from their second manufacturing run, so I'm not sure if the issue is still there or whether it was resolved. My supplier explained that the delay on my reuleaux being shipped was due to an issue in manufacturing with the screen. I'd be interested to know if this was resolved after the initial problem

2. mod resistance I left alone (0.003 default from the manufacturer) - this seems to be ok based on what I've read, but I'd be interested in any results anyone posts. I think the level of resistance we're dealing with is so low that even with some % variation between mods it won't make much difference. Battery watt-hours I hit the calculator button, click yes for knowing the voltage insert the mAh value (mine was 2500) and leave voltage at 11.1. The calculator will tell you the watt hours value and offer to use this. I haven't done the discharge test yet...
Ambient temperature - I haven't touched this yet

3. I imagine there will be some variance, but whether this will be enough to notice - I'm not so sure...

4. I only just got this new toy so not gonna speculate on what the next one will be ... :)

oh and then if married set A of 25rs has figure x, can that be put on profile 1 and then figure y for married set 2 of 25rs can be for profile 2 or?
i would like it to display correctly but is that the only benefit of this test to show the accurate reading or does it perform some other valuable service to the vaping experience?

Vaportron said:

Ok so i received the reu-dna and fixed the ribbon issue downloaded and uploaded a csv for my 25r's and also a csv for 316L and left the mod resistance to 0.003... am i ready to vape or what

Yes, but ss is not a good temp sensing wire especially if this is your first temp limiting mod, IMO Ni200 is the easiest all round and the most accurate, if you really can't got on with Ni200 grade one Ti is good if you get matching wire and materials profile.

Yes, it can work, but it wont perform as well as Ni or Ti and it can be a lot more difficult to set up IMO, also I read it is giving people issues with hot legs on pre heat which is enough of a reason to avoid it for me.  We are all different and if you really want to why not, just saying it is not as easy to use or has as good performance as Ni200.

Vaportron said:

My reu dna screen IS working but i cant help wonder if i bent the ribbon too much or too closely to the ends. As long as i dont unbend them it should be ok right? Wrong? Never did anything like that before. I have a pic but dont know how to upload it here

If it is working fine after bending then it's all good and as you say just leave it be it just needs to be clear of the button.

VapingBad said:

If it is working fine after bending then it's all good and as you say just leave it be it just needs to be clear of the button.

Cool thanks.

How do i alter the tcr number?
I only know how to upload csv's
Do i open and alter the csv's?

I found the pic thing so here it is

20151226_121247.jpg

20151226_120721.jpg