China warranty??

mbuzzar1

Warranty repair is generally handled by a manufacturer, so I'd assume that HCigar or whoever would be the ones handling that.  My guess is that your best recourse will be going back to the source you purchased from.  I'd assume they have some sort of replacement plan in place w/ foreign manufacturers, and in turn, those manufacturers will warranty boards to Evolv.

But I'm just guessing... :)

But if a part were to fail, it would be the board, not the box. In that case, i would think it would be through Evolv. The reason i'm asking is my shop is looking into retailing them. Our insurance will not allow us to make our own, so our hands are tied. We love Evolv support. Myself and another manager are currently building our on 200s. But we dont want to have to deal with warranty through Chiina if the board were to fail. If its a box issue, I have no doubt that we can fix that, but a board issue is something we arent equip to handle. Being in Ohio, I would much rather send it an hour away and not half way around the globe if something does wrong

Since you are wanting to bypass any China involvement concerning their warranty you might want to talk to Evolv and get a clear understanding of the process.  It will be generous of you to carry and stock all the additional parts necessary to replace defective or poorly installed components of the device and assuming the full warranty liability after you replace/repair the device as you are not a warranty repair/replacement facility approved by the China Manufacturer. Making any repair may void the remainder of the China Manufacturer's warranty which you will then assume for your customers.

Just my thoughts.... 

From a shop perspective, if you're going to be selling Chinese boxes, I think you would want a warranty to cover the whole mod, so that in the event of failure you can send it to the manufacturer, and have it repaired or replaced. I don't doubt that if the chip failed, you could pull it and send it to Evolv. But I would think that for a warranty on the device itself, where you just send them the bad one, then they fix it and send it back completed, it would have to be through the manufacturer. If it's zapping boards because of a clearance issue or some form of improper grounding, Evolv can't take on that cost of replacing boards over and over in a device that's got a defective design.

I've dealt with a couple of Chinese manufacturers on warranty claims with my personal mods, and I'm a small business owner. If I were you, I'd get specific warranty terms in writing from your distributor or manufacturer before placing the order, and make sure that your wholesale cost is good enough to cover you eating the loss of a couple of mods in case you have to replace them for the customer service aspect and the manufacturer doesn't cover that cost.

Since I mentioned my experience where I was really disappointed in the warranty process for a Chinese mod from P4U, I should probably mention that I had to warranty repair a Vapor Shark, and it was really easy with great customer service. It wasn't ideal, but since I needed to use the warranty service, at least they handled it correctly and treated me like they cared if I bought another mod from them later.

• 4 months later...

Well said vape like a boss I have a small repair business in FL work on a lot of pioneer F about 95% of the failures I have seen have nothing to do with the board even going up in smoke  most of them are a grounding problem or pinched wire routed improper  pre ipv4s can hardly wait to get my hands on the DNA 200 never had one in my hand yet ordering a opus Monday because it is made in Ohio I am going to be playing Bruce Springsteen born in the USA and enjoy some of my favorite strawberry here shortly with my DNA 200