Warranty Service

Gm111

Okay so I know this isn't a new thing any more, but after just over 4 months my board has gone and thrown up the warranty service. I've tried everything I can think of, soft and hard reboot, changing the firmware and tonight I've tried re soldering (although I think my soldering before was better) and tried a brand new battery. The battery went from 3.10v 3.11v 3.11v down too 2.80 2.82 2.82 fast.
My bandgap is 0.762 and my modeled temp is 66.99f. I'm just about too submit a ticket too the help desk but would rather get it working again than go through the hassle of sending it too the USA from the UK. Any help will be much appreciated..

figure this one out:  I have discovered my board was overcharging the cells when I use my heavy duty 20awg charge only usb cable from amazon.  I ran escribe on the troubled device while charging a brand new device I built yesterday and while I was reading the diagnostics on the affected device I looked up at the new device and now it says warranty service.  I disconnected the hd usb cord and connected it to the cable I had been using before and all is fine.  The hd usb cord managed to charge all the cells to 4.28v.  I will not be using these hd cords any more but I would love to hear how this can happen.  Theories?

So, one cord lets the device charge to 4.28 or greater and another the device stops at your setting (puffs or cycles)?  Look at the four resisters near the USB port.  The only logical thing that comes to mind is that with a good cable, the "draining" balance function can't keep up with the charge function of the board.  The balance charger works by putting a small drain on fully charged cells while it feeds a small charge to that lagging cells are topped off. 

• 2 months later...

Noticed something strange regarding the warranty service message. I have two Dna200 mods, hcigar vt200 and diy 3x18650. Both working fine, then last week plugged in the diy mod using the hcigar lead and warranty service message came up! Great I thought another rma to America. Then I plugged the hcigar into the same lead and that too showed warranty service. So, the lead went into the bin and I tried another lead ....... So far no warranty service message and both mods are working as they should. Touch wood! So if you get this message try a different lead first. Not sure if evolve could expand why this could be happening as the vt200 lead seems quite substantial compared to most ( just too short) And many of these warranty service issues could be solved just with a change of lead