Balanced charging.

Ghostrider

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using 3 18650 it's wired as a 3s battery pack I used a jumper wire to connect the first wire to the positive main and the last wire to the negative main I did the same for a battery pack also for me it simpler and easer to problem solve

Ghostrider said:

I didn't buy it a friend did and i am trying to sort it for him. I may have found the problem, when i look at the picture of the board on the ordering page it shows a square chip just above the usb port with 6 pins on each side. When i look at this board i can see that only 4 pins are soldered on the bottom right hand side and the 2 middle pins are tucked under the chip. If that is the case then it must have been a manufacturing fault and my dozy friend never bothered with escribe or checking his battery stats.

that square chip you're referring to is called "host controlled analog front end" (i think i'm right) it's job is to monitor, balance, protect, the battery pack. pretty much the heart of the charging circuit on the dna 200. if you can get a good picture of all four sides that could help to see if any legs crapped up. if that's the case, you're def looking at an rma. 

Laguz75 said:

I'm using 3 18650 it's wired as a 3s battery pack I used a jumper wire to connect the first wire to the positive main and the last wire to the negative main I did the same for a battery pack also for me it simpler and easer to problem solve

oh I see, I haven't tried anything like that yet, I would have thought a lipo would be cheaper, but we did all get a little caught out last year, with the change over,, I mean, we all had an abundance of 18650's. to use up.  

ChunkyButt200 said:

that square chip you're referring to is called "host controlled analog front end" (i think i'm right) it's job is to monitor, balance, protect, the battery pack. pretty much the heart of the charging circuit on the dna 200. if you can get a good picture of all four sides that could help to see if any legs crapped up. if that's the case, you're def looking at an rma. 

The 2 middle pins on the bottom right side of the chip are either missing or tucked under the chip. Its bottom right if you you hold the board vertical with the usb port at the bottom.

Ghostrider said:

[QUOTE=ChunkyButt200]that square chip you're referring to is called "host controlled analog front end" (i think i'm right) it's job is to monitor, balance, protect, the battery pack. pretty much the heart of the charging circuit on the dna 200. if you can get a good picture of all four sides that could help to see if any legs crapped up. if that's the case, you're def looking at an rma. 

The 2 middle pins on the bottom right side of the chip are either missing or tucked under the chip. Its bottom right if you you hold the board vertical with the usb port at the bottom.[/QUOTE]this is what it should look like. gtr.png 

ChunkyButt200 said:

ya i don't think they're missing. i just think with the way these ic's come and reflowed from under the chips combined with the conformal coating, you're not gonna see the solder connections that well. i'm going to rule out broken or missing pin outs.

You could be right, if i had a spare chip i could replace it and see but i have not got one so its looking like a rma for now.

black lace said:

[QUOTE=Laguz75]I'm using 3 18650 it's wired as a 3s battery pack I used a jumper wire to connect the first wire to the positive main and the last wire to the negative main I did the same for a battery pack also for me it simpler and easer to problem solve

oh I see, I haven't tried anything like that yet, I would have thought a lipo would be cheaper, but we did all get a little caught out last year, with the change over,, I mean, we all had an abundance of 18650's. to use up.  [/QUOTE]im trying to use up my 18650's I've got most of them put to use as a Mobil backup charger

image.jpg

black lace said:

One of the things about living in the UK, they say your never moor than ten feet away from a plug socket, lol

You need to get out in the big outdoors more mate, I have had to rely on power banks & car charger for up to 10 days at a time last year, even camping at VapeFest it's 3 days.  Lucky I have about 50-60 18650s.

VapingBad said:

[QUOTE=black lace]One of the things about living in the UK, they say your never moor than ten feet away from a plug socket, lol

You need to get out in the big outdoors more mate, I have had to rely on power banks & car charger for up to 10 days at a time last year, even camping at VapeFest it's 3 days.  Lucky I have about 50-60 18650s.[/QUOTE] 50-60'-What if it rains,,lol