Device won't ask me for new coil.

madspec

Hi,

This is my second Reuleaux DN200. First one just stopped working and this one won't ask me if I installed a new coil or not.

It does not recognize any new atty I put on. It did work with the other one before it died and I uploaded the same profile in escribe so it should work. I love this device but there is something weird about this chip.... Take a look at my settings and tell me if there is something wrong, 250$ for a device that barely works is starting to be aggravating....

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Capture.jpg

Ok, I really thought it was supposed to ask for a new coil every time, look's like that's not the case. And TBH it was driving me nuts.

I had a RX before that so I'm kinda new at this but do you have to lock the ohms on the DNA like on the RX ??

madspec said:

Ok, I really thought it was supposed to ask for a new coil every time, look's like that's not the case. And TBO it was driving me nuts.

I had a RX before that so I'm kinda new at this but do you have to lock the ohms on the DNA like on the RX ??

No, you don't need to lock ohms, it stops refinement of the resistance reading and is just there as a last resort for connection issues that you can't cure.

The only reasons for locking the ohms to my knowledge are the following:

1) You are going to remove battery power while to coil isn't at room temp and replace the battery or reconnect.

2) Your resistance isn't stable enough (loose or dirty connections).

3) Where the air temperature isn't normal, like outside in the winter.

Oh yeah, as Bill said with a well know build you can lock it in a profile or lock just changing batteries so that you can fit a warm atomiser, but if you don't refinement will sort it out as it cools, which is why IMO locking should be the exception rather than the rule. And for high temp gradients between indoors and out doors where the board temp and atomiser temps will probably never be the same.

madspec said:

Ok, I really thought it was supposed to ask for a new coil every time, look's like that's not the case.

Yes, it will only ask if it's a new coil if the ohms are within a certain range. If the ohms are really far apart it will not ask.