Wismec Reuleaux DNA 200

alee132

I have had this mod for a few months. Just recently I noticed that when I moved my mod quickly one time, I heard something rattle. So I took of the tank, removed battery's, tank, and held onto the buttons, yet it still rattles.  I actually think it feels like something is moving around when I am shaking it but it's working fine.  I just hate the noise.  I am not sure I want to bother with taking it apart. I have a feeling it's either something around the 510 area inside or inside the battery contact housing, like a spring, piece of plastic or something. Anyways else ever heard of this or had this happen or think you know what it may be?

alee132 said:

I took front plate off but it's nothing inside that area.  It sounds like it's up top area or maybe inside the battery contact housing area.

Yeah... the 510 fits inside of a slot and isn't screwed in or anything. It doesn't turn because the part inside is squarish. But it is somewhat loose. It sits right behind the battery sled. Once you remove it you can see it. I'll look for a pic or video.

UPDATE: Here you go. At 32:30 if this doesn't work.

[video]https://youtu.be/iMuVAerOhSI?t=32m30s[/video]

Now today it started doing some thing else. I unlocked the mod by pressing fire five times. Then it lets me fire the atomizer but then it locks itself again in the middle of during it. I can only unlock and take partial puffs before it locks all over again. What in the world is going on now? I'm a but worried now.

Now today it started doing some thing else. I unlocked the mod by pressing fire five times. Then it lets me fire the atomizer but then it locks itself again in the middle of during it. I can only unlock and take partial puffs before it locks all over again. What in the world is going on now? I'm a but worried now.

alee132 said:

OK I opened it up finally to figure out what is shaking around. It turns out one of the 2 big square heat sinks has come loose. Is that fixable ? Or am I screwed now ?

not sure what your calling a heat sink, as far as I know there is no heat sink as standard on the board as far as named "heat sink" can you put a shot up..
are you referring to an inductor, one of two,,, check this thread..   https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66994-topic/?do=findComment&comment=902800

alee132 said:

OK I opened it up finally to figure out what is shaking around. It turns out one of the 2 big square heat sinks has come loose. Is that fixable ? Or am I screwed now ?

The 2 components marked in red on the middle pic?
dna200_board_inductors.jpg If so they are inductors and you need to send the mod/board for repair, if the vendor wont help Evolv probably will.

VapingBad said:

The 2 components marked in red on the middle pic?
dna200_board_inductors.jpg If so they are inductors and you need to send the mod/board for repair, if the vendor wont help Evolv probably will.

Yes it's one of the big ones marked in red. So will evolv let me send it to them for repair ? Do they do that as I don't trust wismec to fix it.