Forum Request: Put the early firmware info in a locked pinned thread

it seems that 99% of the posts in the early firmware thread are people looking for tech support. i personally subscribe to that thread so i know when there new versions of the prerelease firmware available. however, constantly being spammed by irrelevant posts has grown tiresome. can a new thread be created, pinned, and locked so that those of us who are just looking for the firmware releases dont have to sift through posts which would be better placed elsewhere to find the info we are looking for.

i am very well aware. however, if you want to be notified when there is a new early release there is only one way. to subscribe to the thread. however, when you subscribe you are notified constantly whenever anyone post anything. most of the replies in that thread do not belong in there. something more organized would be beneficial. ie:

- pin a thread (locked) which only has posts with the new firmware, changelog, as well as a link to a bug report topic. 
- for each firmware release create a bug thread. in this thread anyone who has any issues with escribe or firmware version X posts their issues there. 

by doing this people are posting their issues in a area which is specific to their needs. also, this makes it easier for evolv to see the issues they need to look into. and as for my point, the people who just want to be notified when there are new releases just subscribe to the first topic. its a win-win-win situation. 

Im not subscribed to a single thread, and cant say ive missed a download the day its come out, i cant say any update has improved my perfect quality of vape, only mod userbility, I dont care if they update softwear so a genie pops out the end and does the washing up, i shant be hangging around so eagarly antisipating it the world has to stop turning... and you clearly stated at the start of the thread that you didnt know where to look, you said you had to sift through to find it, you didnt know until i told you..

black lace said:

Im not subscribed to a single thread...

Yeah well... we all have certain routines and feel comfortable with them. And when it doesn't work like 95% of the other forums, it feels like your head is banging against the wall. And sometimes you just want it to stop.

black lace said:

Theres only been two since he joined anyway, hes gone off now.. thats you edging him on...

Come on... A thread just for updates is really a damn good idea. When Microsoft has updates, do you get notified of every single comment about it? No! That would be just dumb if they did.

Actually no to be straight, you got the wrong end of the stick, he subscribed to the thread of his own free will probably not knowing he would get a notification every time that thread got contributed to,,, he said as the op he was eagerly awaiting the softwaer download which was a month ago, so funny time to be ranting now a month later. Its clear in what he wrote He didnt know it would be posted to the top of the first page,,, i can only speculate that if he connects mod to escribe reguly he would have downloaded it anyway, There are sites where people can talk about microsoft updates and you can choose some updates and you get warnings of critical updates,,, when an evolv/escribe update goes out you get a warning on top left of program when you connect wharever mod, it isnt dissimular, it couldnt realy be any simpler, the update is irelavent to this forum as long as auto update is selected in escribe... this is early adopters forum where we get a sneak preview a few days beffor it goes live, so we do exactly what you say about microsoft,,, disect it Also bill if you back trak through the posts related to the last update for several months, a lot of it was down to us.. all the threads and posts related to it are a large part of it.