Ohms too high on power mode

kj

Yes me to.. if it aint bang on, the temp just goes through the roof, if you like custard that tasts of mackrel its the way foreward, lol.. aromatizer type rdta tanks are about the best design at the moment and gearbest.com are a good place to find a bargain if you dont mind waiting for delivery..

This is strictly an observation, I use 3 Crowns all with the 0.5 coils. I've tried them in temp (316L) and they just don't work for me. With that said I get my best vape with this tank and coil set-up in power mode (temp off in my profile) at 44-45W depending on the juice I'm vaping. Most of the coils will initially read 0.53, but after I release the fire button they will read 0.63-0.65. If I just tap the fire button once the ohms will read 0.53 again. I may be way wrong, but I think this behavior has to do with the material the legs may be made of. Anyway, I would think 70W would be more suited for the 0.25 coil. Try your Crown around 45W in power mode and see what you think. With that tank I never worry about dry hits. I've gotten dizzy trying to get a dry hit :crazy: 

Didn't mean for this to be so long, best of luck.
Joe

joe ky said:

This is strictly an observation, I use 3 Crowns all with the 0.5 coils. I've tried them in temp (316L) and they just don't work for me. With that said I get my best vape with this tank and coil set-up in power mode (temp off in my profile) at 44-45W depending on the juice I'm vaping. Most of the coils will initially read 0.53, but after I release the fire button they will read 0.63-0.65. If I just tap the fire button once the ohms will read 0.53 again. I may be way wrong, but I think this behavior has to do with the material the legs may be made of. Anyway, I would think 70W would be more suited for the 0.25 coil. Try your Crown around 45W in power mode and see what you think. With that tank I never worry about dry hits. I've gotten dizzy trying to get a dry hit :crazy: 

Joe

Are you using a 3 battery cell mod Joe?

joe ky said:

Joe

dont forget to answer vb. i aint got a uwell crown, i use an early kayfun customised for mouth to lung and an aromatiser and a dripper mutation x and a single coil lemo 2 customised, it can only ever be what suits you its your vape ect, but i wouldnt recomend buying three of the same because this scene is so fast moving, attys are coming out all the time, when i upgrade i have to make a special effort to blow the dust off and use last few months back incarnation, ive allready a draw full of stainless knives and forks, ive now a shelf of knife and fork metal attys, as well, lol, all the best to ya....

black lace said:

dont forget to answer vb. i aint got a uwell crown, i use an early kayfun customised for mouth to lung and an aromatiser and a dripper mutation x and a single coil lemo 2 customised, it can only ever be what suits you its your vape ect, but i wouldnt recomend buying three of the same because this scene is so fast moving, attys are coming out all the time...

I tend to be just the opposite. Oh sure there are things that I only buy one of. Like my Heatvape Kayfun v3.1 which I never got to vape on, since I can't even get a 28g coil to mount in the thing. But Subtanks with the RBA Mini Plus I just have a blast with. So I have eight Subtanks. Sure they are a year old now, but I still use them everyday. The nice thing about having more of one thing is plenty of spare parts. If you only have one of everything, you are pretty much screwed when the time comes.

I also have two Crowns and three Crown RBAs. I don't regret those purchases either. Just load them up with my two flavor juices and I am good. I also have two Mad Hatters v2 (I love those flip tops, all RDAs should be made this way). Plus a Boreas and an Aromamizer Supreme RTAs. I won't mention the older crap that I don't use anymore.

I can see where your coming from with confident with your gear and satisfied with your vape ect, But this time next year your last sentence may aplie to what your using now, lol, ive got so much kayfun 3:1 and russian you wouldnt believe and all in little bags from manufacture as unasembled spares rather than bought off the shelf as compleat attys, very simple and reliable very few parts, so less resistance loss or poor conectivity, but you have to upgrade the screws. (So yeh eating my words a bit, but i am maintaining a few other folk so simple means less headach) be honest, if you break the hinge on a mad hatter or strip a post screw, bearing in mind you have two, will you replace it?

VapingBad said:

Are you using a 3 battery cell mod Joe?

Sorry it took so long to get back to ya, wife's recovering from some major surgery and I've been taking care of her. Anyway, I've used my Crowns on a Wismec DNA 200 and a Hcigar VT133. Also a Lavabox. I have the same profile set up on each mod for my Crowns and they all perform in the same manner on each mod. In power mode I've never had an issue with them and they provide a great vape! Joe

joe ky said:

Sorry it took so long to get back to ya, wife's recovering from some major surgery and I've been taking care of her. Anyway, I've used my Crowns on a Wismec DNA 200 and a Hcigar VT133. Also a Lavabox. I have the same profile set up on each mod for my Crowns and they all perform in the same manner on each mod. In power mode I've never had an issue with them and they provide a great vape! Joe

Cheers Joe and I wish your wife a speedy recovery.

black lace said:

There are a lot of very nice ones about but the base connections let them down, (build deck or screw in coils onto a very poor reaching center pin) unless you have a "mod" with a fixed or screw type center pin (so you can screw down onto and get some pressure) Ni200 is a lot moor forgiving than the stainless, and the pre built coils, the wire is to thin and there usualy so tightly wicked that the juice flow is poor, if you reduce the wicking cotton for better flow, the thin wire will intermitantly distort. I think they came out a bit late in the game, just about ok with ni200 28/29 guage on the build deck if you can maintain a connection, and also as a starter kit as a mod and atty at a bargain price...................... ... everything i say is my veiw only, i am not an advocate of evolv... if you wish to sue me....be warned .. your not big enough..

I get what you’re saying and have also heard other opinions that match but don’t trust Ni or Ti, just a personal preference I guess. true there are a lot of imperfect products out there but hey they’ve come a long way in the past year looking forward to the year to come to see what’s new and maybe and hopefully some improvements in quality and standards across brands.

BillW30 said:

I use Subtanks and Crown RBAs all of the time. But I generally build with nickel. I used to use SS, but I got an awful smell and taste from SS, so I quit using it...

I’ll be honest with you both sometimes I get the best vapes on these crowns and a few bad, but when they hit good they really hit good.

Joe ky said:

This is strictly an observation, I use 3 Crowns all with the 0.5 coils. I've tried them in temp (316L) and they just don't work for me. With that said I get my best vape with this tank and coil set-up in power mode (temp off in my profile) at 44-45W depending on the juice I'm vaping. Most of the coils will initially read 0.53, but after I release the fire button they will read 0.63-0.65. If I just tap the fire button once the ohms will read 0.53 again. I may be way wrong, but I think this behavior has to do with the material the legs may be made of. Anyway, I would think 70W would be more suited for the 0.25 coil. Try your Crown around 45W in power mode and see what you think. With that tank I never worry about dry hits. I've gotten dizzy trying to get a dry hit  

Joe..

Gave up on running these on temp, even when you get them to work well, they all of a sudden spike and something goes wrong.. power mode is good for me.

Most times I don’t get problems with running the .5 @ 55 and damn do I enjoy it at that wattage 44-45 is too low for me, not sure how to explain it further. Just the combination of the density, flavor, and even sound of the draw just hits the spot.

Also to further confirm, I did put in another crown with a .25 and confirm it could run at higher wattages without a problem which confirmed the 5.95v limit set by Evolv. it does go off of the warm ohms reading which is why it does fail sometimes on the .5ohm coil like joe said the .5 is reading at .63 - .65 and the .25 @ .33-.35 ohms.

Oh and joe sorry to hear about the surgery hope the wife is recovering well and wish her a speedy recovery.

Hope I didn’t miss anyone’s reply.

BillW50 said:

I tend to be just the opposite. Oh sure there are things that I only buy one of. Like my Heatvape Kayfun v3.1 which I never got to vape on, since I can't even get a 28g coil to mount in the thing. But Subtanks with the RBA Mini Plus I just have a blast with. So I have eight Subtanks. Sure they are a year old now, but I still use them everyday. The nice thing about having more of one thing is plenty of spare parts. If you only have one of everything, you are pretty much screwed when the time comes.

I also have two Crowns and three Crown RBAs. I don't regret those purchases either. Just load them up with my two flavor juices and I am good. I also have two Mad Hatters v2 (I love those flip tops, all RDAs should be made this way). Plus a Boreas and an Aromamizer Supreme RTAs. I won't mention the older crap that I don't use anymore.

ive just recently ordered a few more items and it seems as though im building a very simillar collection to what youve already got. :eek::crazy: 

makes me feel a little more comfortable now hearing someone say they dont regret the above purchases.

Think performance of premade coils also comes down to the viscosity of the juice, like the run of the mill 70/30 pg/vg will wick and flow a lot quiker than my 80/20 vg/pg, these things often dont get mentioned and play a massive part. If i was handed an atty with a premade coil in it i would automaticaly drop a few drips down the spout without even trying it first, Joe ky, hope yer misses feels better soon, you can tell her that people from all over the world are wishing her all the best...

Spirometry said:

You have a duo, any thoughts on switching to a 3s lipo?  0.65? should limit out at 124 watts

was thinking about it but don't know much about lipos. keep hearing they are more dangerous and besides got plenty of new 18650s that i need to make use of from my first failure of a mod.

black lace said:

Think performance of premade coils also comes down to the viscosity of the juice, like the run of the mill 70/30 pg/vg will wick and flow a lot quiker than my 80/20 vg/pg, these things often dont get mentioned and play a massive part. If i was handed an atty with a premade coil in it i would automaticaly drop a few drips down the spout without even trying it first, Joe ky, hope yer misses feels better soon, you can tell her that people from all over the world are wishing her all the best...

good point use different juices with different ratios, i do prep it quite well and they are marketed towards even the max VG juices. once primed properly it shouldn't make much of a difference.

i tend to check the coils when they suddenly go bad and its not a juice problem, they are very well saturated. its just a sudden spike that i notice and it just goes bad after that. puff 1 and too are fine after that but on the third you usually start getting a metallic taste.

kj said:

was thinking about it but don't know much about lipos. keep hearing they are more dangerous and besides got plenty of new 18650s that i need to make use of from my first failure of a mod.

You are probably using more lipos than you thought. I have them in cellphones, MP3 players, radios, meters, digital cameras, RC vehicles, etc. But I just like the convenience of 18650s better.