DNA200 now has higher output voltage with 4-25 firmware.

Csd113 said:

i cant get the update firmware promt to occur on the new escribe 75

From what I gather only the newer firmware that's included is only for the DNA75. 
I tried to flash one of my 200's with the 75's firmware and it couldn't see the device.
(EScribe version 1.0.56) 

MikeTheVapeDude said:

Just thought I'd mention this. My mods are now going up past 9V. My current build maxes it out at 9.2V at 200W and I haven't built anything a little higher to see if it goes past this, but, evidently 9V isn't the max output voltage anymore.

Be cautious with that firmware. There have been several reports of DNA200s dying a couple hours after being flashed to the leaked firmware. Mine was one of them!

To be clear for the entire community we should all remember and probably post both the software version, and the firmware version. I'm running 1.0.56 on the software side. I'd have to fire up VMware to see my firmware version. At that version of software there was no firmware update for the DNA200.

There was only 1 version that included a FW update for the DNA200, that was version 1.0.49 (dated 4/25/16) and it accidentally got leaked here (then pulled). It was intended for "beta testers" only.

There is NOT any "release version" of new DNA200 FW at the time of this posting.

If you ever installed 1.0.49 (dated 4/25/16) then the FW will still be in your folder, even though you have upgraded to 1.0.56 or whatever.
The newer versions dont include DNA200 FW, but they dont delete the old ones either.

If you run this 1.0.49 FW (dated 4/25/16) and your DNA200 dies, dont say you weren't warned!!!!

If you are running it, I would recommend rolling back to a previous version!

I can't revert back, my device locks at Upload Settings on ANY firmware besides 4-25 now. I can change it back, but, any other firmware will not work. I didn't know what I was doing was risky, it was from a download from an Evolv supported German website. I'm a bit pissed off at this point.

I rolled back on one device successfully.

I was on the 04-25-16 FW.

I flashed the 02-23-16 firmware on it, got the "Upload Settings" message, and checked all the settings in Escribe and clicked the "Upload Settings to Device" button.
It worked and I have been using the device for 3 days since.

[image]

VapingBad said:

dwcraig1 is correct you just need the previous version of EScribe to roll back from 4-25, the current ones in the Early fw thread and you will have to set defaults and start over if you have not saved a config recently.

Well except I used EScribe 1.0.56 to roll it back to the 02/23 FW.
This came from Evolv's DNA75 page.

dwcraig1 said:

Well except I used EScribe 1.0.56 to roll it back to the 02/23 FW.
This came from Evolv's DNA75 page.

Good to know :thumb:

I wasn't sure if that had been updated to fix that, I had to one mine with 2-23 to do a A to B compare in for the beta program and 1.0.56 was not out then.

Now that I've rolled back my device started asking 'New Coil?' again (it previously had stopped) and now the resistance will change from .50 to .51, .52, .49 when vaping like it used to. I know even kanthal changes resistance minutely when heated and cooled rapidly and the DNA's ohm reader is very accurate, just strange how it had stopped even prior to 4-25 but now has started back. Should I be worried? Could 4-25 have done damage to my board even though I rolled back?

I don't remember if the DNA200 ever fluctuated when vaping on Kanthal before. It's been so long. Does yours? I know this is normal, but the fact it didn't then and is now worries me. On kanthal vapes does your resistance reading change in terms of like going from .42 to .44, etc? As I said I know this is normal, but it's never done this before that I remember. Usually it just displayed cold ohms on the reader.