Theorum TC issues after Crown and TFV4 issues...

retird said:

The Notch coil has a lot of mass (surface area) ....  strange animal in temp mode.... I've tried many different temp, wattage, and preheat settings and when the vape doesn't reach set temp it is pretty smooth but a setting that reaches temp setting gives a very different and less smooth graph after it gets to temp...  I contacted Wismec last week but no response yet.... 

THX for your interest.... will continue to play with this animal.... 9_9

If you noticed, my SS316L coil does and acts the very same way as a Notch coil. I don't think it is the Notch coil, but SS in general. The DNA200 plus everything else I've used over compensates trying to adjust the temperature if the wattage is too high. Other wire types like nickel isn't a problem at all. Here is one of my nickel coils for an example.

2016-05-28_225637.png 

Hotcig_DX200_002.png

put the same SS notch coil on a DNA 75 and look at the difference between how the 75 handles SS temp regulation and how the 200 doez it. the 75 uses a softer TC control system/algorithm whereas the 200 is crazy punchy. i tend to run all my SS builds on my 75's and all other wires on my 200's.

dna 200 ss 316L (no, cell 1 isn't really higher than 2 and 3. just appears that way.)
ss_dna_200.png

dna 75 ss 316L
ss_dna_75.png

OK.....  the DNA75 is the bomb for the notch SS316 coil....  smoothed right out compared to the DNA200.....  maybe a firmware update is in the future for the DNA200 but I'm pleased to use the DNA75 with this notch coil....  THX @ChuckyButt200 and @BillW50 for working thru this issue to a happy conclusion....  :thumb:

notch.png