biggest and best lipo battery?

JaI Haze

jurdanas said:
yea see in the Hana and the vaporshark the batteries are to small. I hope the size of the top one you posted works best. What did you put yours in

If you are looking for big, how about this one?

Multistar_3S_5200mAh.jpg 

Specs:
Minimum Capacity: 5200mAh
Configuration: 3S1P / 11.1V / 3Cell
Constant Discharge: 10C (52 Amps)
Peak Discharge (10sec): 20C
Pack Weight: 331g
Pack Size: 142 x 49 x 22mm
Charge Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: XT60

www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__66475__Multistar_High_Capacity_3S_5200mAh_Multi_Rotor_Lipo_Pack_AR_Warehouse_.html

ok quick question; I am kind of embarrased but the wiring for the balance connector, if I was to get one of these batteries and wire it up.  I see the pos and neg but the other 4 wires that go into the connector, is there a number scheme I could use instead of colors?  Maybe I cant do this manually, unless I ask employees to help me out with the colors; its just super embarassing

ok there is no one that makes a plug and play plug for the lipo balance connector bill?  I dont want to make a catastrophic decision.  I can solder the black and red to board no problem its just all those other colors. Trianopia color blindness is not on my side here

There is no fixed scheme, but identifying the ground and positive should be easy, 99% would be black and red.  The plug only goes in one way so as long as you solder the socket on the right way you cannot plug it in the wrong way.  The board labels these connections as GND, 1,2,3 if you want a number system.

dna200balcon.png 

JaI Haze said:

ok there is no one that makes a plug and play plug for the lipo balance connector bill?  I dont want to make a catastrophic decision.  I can solder the black and red to board no problem its just all those other colors. Trianopia color blindness is not on my side here

Yes this is a common JST-XH connector. You can buy them at many places. If you need help, just ask.

ok one more question, do you know if there is a list of what batteries fit in what or is it a hit or miss, measuring dimensions of the internal tray so to speak.  I know there is a good amount of DNA200 mods out there and this list would be extensive but I saw the sheet that has charts and what not just not what fits in what

JaI Haze said:

yeah see its 900mah I wanted to bring it to 13 for better life

dwcraig is giving you an example of what will most likely be a direct replacement for the stock hana lipo.

higher mah = bigger in size lipo. you'll have a very hard time finding any 1300 mah lipo that will be a direct drop in, do to limited space. not impossible, just get ready to remove a lot of aluminum. i have seen people dremel out their hcigar vt200's to cram a larger lipo inside.   

you have to weigh what's practical/doable and how bad do you want it.

• 3 weeks later...