1.2 Update breaks 2 amp charge on VSDNA200

mactavish

Did the upgrade to 1.2 on my VS DNA200. So far there are a few others that have confirmed this ODD behavior. Plugged in to charge. One of my on screen settings is to see "USB CURRENT", normally shows close to the 2 amp charge I get with my iPad wall charger. This field is now showing low numbers, constantly changing, charging is SLOW. I didn't change the setting, before update, it shows AMPS being delivered by the USB connection. It was a steady number like 1.96 amps. Now this field is showing numbers constantly changing, none close to 2 amps. Ramping from zero up then back down. I've done 2 soft resets, tested with two different chargers and cables. Hoping this bug can be fixed quickly with another minor update?

retird said:

Saw where you  already posted this 2 days ago and  Evolv is working on it... doesn't effect ALL VS200's as I understand... 

Here is your previous post:

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65665-topic/?do=findComment&comment=888277

Yes, it's getting lost in that thread and I looked to see if someone made an official BUG REPORT, and not seeing one thought it appropriate to do so. The 1.2 version is still on the download page, perhaps adding a note for vaporshark owners would be helpful to avoid surprises?

Yep...." Early" releases can have glitches that weren't caught already I guess and the Early release is not stated as "Recommended " versions. Most folks know that as this has been the process for a while now.  My thoughts are that those with VS200's may or may not have an issue, may or may not decide to load the early version, and if there is an issue they can revert back as some have already done.  As far as I know only some VS200 are showing this. Granted a quick resolution would be good.

retird said:

@mactavish.... James just up a possible resolution of your issue... Could you test it as yours is still not charging right?  THX

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65665-topic/?do=findComment&comment=888330

Seems James is working on it some more. I work all day and don't have the ability to test. I'm sure he will get it right with the help of the others. Wish I was RETIRED! Got a few years left.

mactavish said:

Seems James is working on it some more. I work all day and don't have the ability to test. I'm sure he will get it right with the help of the others. Wish I was RETIRED! Got a few years left.

LOL.... with retirement comes old age and aches, pains, grandkids, and a fixed income, etc, etc... but I love it..... you will get there... :)

Still having charging problem with SP3.

It is a little better than before. I actually saw it charge at 2 amps a couple times.
Using a smaller gauge usb cable to limit amps, I can get it charge at 1.4 amps. Switch back to the Anker cable and che charging exhibits the same behavior as SP2.

I just updated mine and it's working as it should. It took a couple of "upload settings" to get the battery meter to show the actual reading. 

I have 3 different brands of microUSB cables, all tested to work with 2a+, and my Anker cables show the highest charge rate on the VS at 1.99a. Others showed 1.85a and 1.93a max. The battery pack was at 11.6v.

I'll keep an eye on it for the next few hrs.