Titanium coil build question

txmonkey214

I picked up 25 ft. of 26g grade 1 titanium round wire. I plan to build a single coil for a Wotofo Serpent. It's easy for me to build for, because I'm Left handed.
If I were to build a coil with let's say, 8-10 wraps, would that put it at about .18 ohms? Or, does titanium maybe have less, and not more resistance than ni200? Thanks in advance for your input. Steve

You dont say what size mandrel, you can do theoretical coil building in the wire wizard program, you aint got to use their tcr files on a simple single one strand . Just use the pre loaded dna settings.. ive seen that atty, can you let us know how you get on with using that guage wire on it, possibly even put a pic up of coil fitted to deck before wicking, thanx like a mini review thing, i wouldnt mind one of thoes myself, thanx

txmonkey214 said:

Thanks, black lace,

I would be using a 3mm screwdriver for the wrap. I will look into using wire wizard. Can you tell me if touching, or slightly spaced coils are the way to go?

Spaced with all temp sensing wires, not absolutely necessary for the higher res ones, but you will have and easier time.

VapingBad said:

Spaced with all temp sensing wires, not absolutely necessary for the higher res ones, but you will have and easier time.

im glad vb answered the question for you, i dont use the stuff, never wraped a single hoop, soon as i heard about oxides it came off my list.. i use the Nife30 best thing since sliced bread..because of the slightly higher res its less problematic (for me at least).. even twin coiling touching or spaced, or a bit of each,, as long as both coils are equaly crap its just plug and play, (or fit and vape) no worries.

Thanks, Vaping Bad! It should keep it from getting hot spots. I'm giving the wire a rub with 91% alcohol, to clean any residue from manufacture. I am not so worried about titanium dioxide, since I would never fire it dry, and plan to keep it at 420F, or lower. I am more worried about vaping with alloys, to be honest.