IS THIS THE NEW FDA REG"S AT WORK???

retird

Made a small internet order/pourchase of vape supplies and got this notice to verify age:

Yep. but since my identity has been stolen 3 times in a year I hesitate......  I replied back with my current age (way over 40) (no photo Government ID was given) and told them if that wasn't sufficient then just refund my purchase and cancel the order....  They replied back that my order was cancelled and a refund given....

So if this is going to be the drill in the USA than they are driving internet sales to China I think...

Someone should be developing an age verification service so you only have to give details to one company then web stores pass over to them as they do now with PayPal, it would be easy for PP to do it.  It should be the governments that pass the laws providing this, but who wants late, over budget and buggy software.

Yes, but ebay won't allow you to just use paypal. You have to use a credit card, through paypal. I used a copy of my credit card, with my wife's name (our last names are different) on it. They had no problem with that. We have the same address, of course. But, it isn't a fool-proof way of verifying age. If anything, it seems to show they want to find ways to circumvent, but give the appearance of compliance.

@retird....i'm surprised MVS gave up the sale. i thought for sure a little bit of complaining or reluctance on the customers part would be enough for them to just push the sale through. interesting.  

somewhat unrelated to your experience but still relevant to the new FDA regs, i won a giveaway on youtube and just a couple days ago i was contacted by email from the company (innokin) that would be shipping my items (tshirt and axiom tank) and they asked for $10 dollars to "satisfy" the FDA's "no free samples" clause. i was excited to win this particular contest because i was told i had to pay for NOTHING, not shipping, NADA, ZILCH. anyway i wrote back asking why Innokin would care about the FDA regs since they're based out of china. got a crappy response of " innokin is also based out of california (one of their shipping centers). don't tell me it's completely free only to ask for $10 later in an email. i do not think the tank and shirt are worth $10 combined. i mainly wanted the shirt. i have no vape related clothes so i thought it would be nice.

protovapor said:

People should not be punishing companies for complying with the regulations. They are doing the right thing whether you think the FDA is doing the right thing or not.

That said, in the aforementioned example $10 seems excessive to comply with the letter of the law.

Curious how you are verifying age?  Are you requiring a Government ID?