Building home made charger...

Cincikid

I would like to build a home made charger to bring up a single unballanced cell quickly via this method: 
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIbHLacozFo[/video]
In the video he never explains what kind of power supply would be needed.
Any recommendations?

I use the same 1 A boards as black lace to make travel chargers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272161925060 they are extremely cheap (£2.59 $3.37 ish for 10) and will do a good job of bring up a single cell, don't try and chain them for 3 cells unless you are running from 3 isolated supplies.  There is no revers protection and they fry if you connect them wrong.

If you reload the video he does show his power source/charger towards the end, a bit too pricey for me now because i have plenty of mods for backup, so wouldnt get used, i do have a small lipo ballance charger, i think its called an Imax B3 and are not very expencive either. The pic above of my homemade, i use it to charge a straight through wooden box mod with paralal 18650's it works fine, and built specificaly with that in mind... quoting vaping bad and the youtube bloke, you only need the one 1Amp charger board for what your doing. I think the RC people burn their way through batteries a lot quicker than us..

I use a Gopher CPS-3205 0-32V 0-5A Portable Adjustable DC Power Supply myself. But I often use it with a Electrifly Triton RC charger (my two are over 10 years old). And yes, those pin headers really works great and I use them myself. The power supply can be used by itself to charge batteries and cells. What the RC charger does differently is that it starts out charging slowly and works its way up to the set current (it takes 10 minutes to climb up to 2.5A). And the RC charger also stops when the top off charge is less than 100ma (if charging with the power supply, you should do that too). Also the RC charger has reverse polarity protection too.