Question about Watts in TC

2legsshrt

I'm curious about the Watts setting in TC. I am new to the DNA board coming from YiHi. I used the profiles from Steam Engine for SS316L and Ti01. Since I don't use elaborate coils just a single coil .45ohms SS316L. The SE profile had a preheat in it and I sent a screenshot of my device monitor to a guy on another forum. He looked at it and said since I'm only using between 13-15w to maintain temp I would get a much smoother temp if I lowered the wattage from 55 like it was from SE to 25 and he was right very smooth vape and temp. I also got rid of the preheat because with this simple coil the 25w is almost an instant rise to temp. So should I just leave it there or do you think I should lower it to 20w. It is working pretty well here but just wondering. I'm very happy with the way the DNA works with SS and the 316L is just great for me.

I can't say for certain with stainless, but with evolv vapes, I have never had a satisfying vape going under 25 watts in temperature protection mode. To be sure, it isn't always giving you 25 watts power. Far from it. What temperature do you have it set at? That effects flavor, and if it's too low, vapor production.

where ever the vape feels right to you legs. no right or wrong. if you want a faster preheat you could always raise the preheat wattage. if you want a slower ramp to temp then bring it down, like you're what asking about, or turn it off (1 watt). either way, the preheat will only use the preheat wattage you set until the coil has reached a certain XXXF of your set temp. raising the "punch" brings the preheat cutoff closer to your set temp. it's explained in the escribe tutorial. i forget exactly how many degrees the punch will preheat until. i think it's a certain percentage of your set temp, i think.

edit......i should mention if your set wattage is too low the dna won't recognize a TC build. 

txmonkey:
Actually I'm liking it at around 410. I have lung problems and that temp doesn't bother me at all. The flavor seems really good. I'm using 2-75's and 1-200 all set the same. I thought about giving it a try with a 1sec preheat of 25w and going to 20w just for the heck of it. You can adjust these things endlessly with escribe plus I really like v1.2SP3 like one stop shoppiing.