TC & Power mode read SS ohms different

Just curious about this behavior. On both my DNA200 and DNA75 devices, I have a Stainless Steel notch coil reading at 26 ohms in TC mode. Ohms never locked and stay consistent. With the Atty at room temp, when I switch the mod to "power mode", the ohms immediately show as 29 ohms, as I puff the ohms rise to .32 ohms. If I put the mod down, let it cool, the ohms go back down to .29 again, but never the .26 ohms that I see when in TC mode. Wondering why I am seeing two different initial cold ohm readings, depending on being in TC or Power mode?

It just doesn't need to keep track of the cold res in power mode so I would expect to see it higher.  It will just adjust for the mod resistance and continually adjust the power from monitoring the voltage and the current, the resistance is for info and not needed to work out the voltage/power.

mactavish said:

Just curious about this behavior. On both my DNA200 and DNA75 devices, I have a Stainless Steel notch coil reading at 26 ohms in TC mode. Ohms never locked and stay consistent. With the Atty at room temp, when I switch the mod to "power mode", the ohms immediately show as 29 ohms, as I puff the ohms rise to .32 ohms. If I put the mod down, let it cool, the ohms go back down to .29 again, but never the .26 ohms that I see when in TC mode. Wondering why I am seeing two different initial cold ohm readings, depending on being in TC or Power mode?

Use escribe to put the old resistance locked on escribe, just dont lock with kanthal

@Mactavish While I agree with you wholeheartedly, you do realize you're talking to an Engineer. He's been asked to stop posting that comment on locking numerous times.

Vaperkarloz said:

.............. studied electrical and computer engineering technology+psychology)

I don't know how an Engineer with access to a PC, CANNOT do a simple Print Screen when asked, and instead submits an out of focus, incorrect orientation image.

Wayneo said:

.... @Vaperkarloz Can you do, or learn how to do a 'Print Screen'. It will generate the image in the proper orientation, and much better clarity. Also as a newer user with problems, your continued commenting recommending users to lock their ohms will only generate problems/queries here if others follow that misguided wrong advice.

Vaperkarloz said:

I can't, best i can do is take multiple small photos 16mpx from my Android

Everytime I see him post, in my head I start singing a Frank Zappa song, posted a line from it once, only to have Saint VapingBad delete the comment. Aah, this one will also probably get deleted, but before doing so, I wish they'd go and look at doing the same for him and his posts.

And now another quote, from I believe Einstein. "He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."

Wayneo said:

@Mactavish While I agree with you wholeheartedly, you do realize you're talking to an Engineer. He's been asked to stop posting that comment on locking numerous times.

I don't know how an Engineer with access to a PC, CANNOT do a simple Print Screen when asked, and instead submits an out of focus, incorrect orientation image.

Everytime I see him post, in my head I start singing a Frank Zappa song, posted a line from it once, only to have Saint VapingBad delete the comment. Aah, this one will also probably get deleted, but before doing so, I wish they'd go and look at doing the same for him and his posts.

And now another quote, from I believe Einstein. "He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."

Thanks for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...

This particular behavior is mostly an artifact -- on-screen Ohms is Cold Ohms for temperature-sensing coils and Live Ohms for non-temperature-sensing coils. In Device Monitor / EScribe fields on-screen Ohms are labeled Cold Ohms. The underlying query is R=GET. So, for non-temperature-sensing coils, you are always seeing Live Ohms.

As for 0.29 vs. 0.26, does this occur when you have preheat off as well, and if you fire at only a watt or two?

James said:

This particular behavior is mostly an artifact -- on-screen Ohms is Cold Ohms for temperature-sensing coils and Live Ohms for non-temperature-sensing coils. In Device Monitor / EScribe fields on-screen Ohms are labeled Cold Ohms. The underlying query is R=GET. So, for non-temperature-sensing coils, you are always seeing Live Ohms.

As for 0.29 vs. 0.26, does this occur when you have preheat off as well, and if you fire at only a watt or two?

I believe preheat is off, and SS in power mode at 1-2 watts does show the 26 ohms, properly. Not sure what that means, but it is as you say.