Lost vape triad battery settings

When at 27.75Wh, and cells at 3.89v each, Screen displayed battery bar as just below half full.

Battery Cells still at 3.89v each but with 22.2Wh uploaded, I saw the battery bar go to quarter of total bar missing.

Sorry, my description wasn't the best first round, Dyslexia for you sorry.

Yeah, removed one battery, left it 30seconds, placed back in, and the battery bar has updated, showing I have more battery life now. Good little tweak thanks.

Im guessing I leave Amp's in at 24, this was showing as default. Havent really changed anything since owning apart from the Wh's and putting correct battery info in.

• 3 months later...
rocketveg said:

Sorry for the dumb question. I have a triade as well. I haven't touched the battery settings. I'm using Sony VTC5s. Do I just leave the default settings alone? 

if you want a more accurate battery meter you can tweak the watt hour (capacity) to reflect the batteries you are using. in your case the watt hour capacity of 3 VTC5's would 27.75, you would input that value for the "capacity" in the wh field. i would leave all other settings alone if the device is working good for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am pretty new to all of this, but I am using the Triade with a SmokTech TFV8.

I currently have 3 IMR 18650 3.7V High drain 30A 2900MAH installed as recommended by the shop I purchase the Triade from.

I am running .15? coils and vaping around 120-130w. As the battery levels drop down to around 50% I start getting low volt messages unless I lower the wattage down, eventually I get it again and need to lower the watts again to be able to continue to use it.

Is this normal?

Also, it takes an extremely long time to charge the batteries in unit, 12+ hours.

I have never done anything with escribe to set battery capacity or anything like that.

Additionally I was looking to pick up another set of batteries and a Nitecore D4, are there any specific recommendations for the batteries based on my wattage and coil?

Thanks.

If i am not mistaken, batteries are in fact 2500, not 2900mah, although a sticker may be on the batteries stating they are, there not.
There is a balance between amps and mah.
for batteries with high amps, eg 30amp, the mah will be lower such as 30amp 1500mah, batteries with higher mah such as the 30Q's, they are 3000mah with 30amps, they both cant be high each end.

So, i would setup your batteries in escribe as 11.1v with 2500mah, for more accurate batterie measuring, run the analyser, takes about an hour but will be a accurate reading and will also create a battery profile for you at the end.

As for needing to drop wattage as batteries drop volts, that is normal, the DNA board is limiting its self to keep you and your batteries safe, if it cant pull the amps and get the amount of volts needed for the wattage, it will drop to what it can.

i would suggest in getting better batteries tbh, such as Samsung 25R's or 30Q's

Nitecore D4 is a great charger, i use one my self. Charging from the mod its self does take longer as 1amp is being divided by 3, so each battery is getting around 333mah each, on a nightcore D4, they get around 350mah and take around 6hours to fully charge.

Hope this helps

welcome to the forum, mudbubble. what brand are these 2900mah 30 amp cells? reason i ask is because there are NO real 2900mah 30 amp cells available on the market. you most likely have some re-wrapped cells with inflated ratings. what message are you getting? there is no "low volt" message. weak battery? check battery? probably the weak battery message. it's because of the not so great re-wrap cells you are using and an incorrect (too high of a number) cell capacity value input EScribe's battery settings. as for it taking along time to charge, sounds like you have the DNA 200 version and  not the DNA 250 (which has 2 amp charging. DNA 200 only has 1 amp). 

i would get a good set of non re-wrapped cells then go into EScribe and adjust your battery settings. here's a list of recommended cells by Battery Mooch... (any cell from 20-25 amp would be good for the DNA 200. i really like the Sony VTC5A cells. they're great all around cells.) 
[image]

Hi,

They are IMREN. Got them at Beyond Vape when I picked up the mod.

IMREN.jpg 

As for the exact message I get when I need to drop the voltage, I don't quite remember at the moment, but it sounds like that's expected.

I had been looking at the Samsung 25r's, but it seems like a lot of people are using the HG2's, any substantial difference besides the MAH?

Also, I'm now reading up on escribe software so I configure this thing properly once I get the new batteries, we'll see how it goes :)

Thanks again.

samsung 25r5's (the green samsung 25R) will be better performers than those imrens you're using. 

i'll leave this here for you to read through for selecting the right cells (the DNA 200 will draw a maximum of 23 amps from the cells and the DNA 250 will a maximum of 28 amps)

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/

Awesome.

So I've been reading up on them and DNA200 generally runs 11.1v with a 9.6v cut off (3.2 per cell).

If I am following that correctly, then that means that I would get the Low battery message for a given wattage if the voltage dropped below 3.2.

So for the Triade which is 3 batteries in series, the amp pull for a given wattage before cutoff would be as follows: (assuming a 10% circuit drain, which is high but w/e)

50w (50/9.6)*1.1 = ~5.72 amps
100w (100/9.6)*1.1 = ~11.45 amps
150w (150/9.6)*1.1 = ~17.18 amps
180w (180/9.6)*1.1 = ~20.6 amps
200w (200/9.6)*1.1 = ~22.9 amps

If I'm not completely off base, then the LG HG2's would be good for up to around 180w based on the cut off, but shouldn't be used at 200w.

The Samsung 25R5's are also 20 amp and would be good for about the same, but are slightly lower capacity.

The Sony VTC4's are closer to 23amp according to Mooch, so if I wanted to get the full 200w, then I would need to get these or another similarly amp rated battery.

(Also 23 amps is the max on a DNA200 so anything higher is a waste anyway)

Since I am currently using the SmokTech TFV8 and usually vape within the 120-150w range, any of these will work and the HG2's might be best because of the additional capacity.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to make sure I wrapped by head around this correctly before I order the new batteries.

The board is 97% efficient and 3.2 V is high for the low cut off voltage for 18650s, you could safely get more vape time using 2.8 V since this is the min under load not the resting voltage, the spec had 9 V as the min input voltage.  Puff length would also affect this as sag would increases with the length of the puff, but on the cut off limit the current would reduce so you are only really going to get an estimate on paper.  Also allowing for efficiency you would divide by efficiency so in your example it would be /0.9 rather than *1.1, like this 50 W =  (50/0.97)/9 = 5.72 A and by coincidence they all come out the same.

But the HG2 will have more sage at 20 A so you will not get as much of the extra 20% capacity as you would expect, the last time I looked Mooch said HG2 and 30Q were about the same capacity as a 25R testing a DNA 75 at 50 W (58.8 W <= 21.9 A from the battery) they were about the same taking their age into consideration https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66169-topic/

Mudbubble said:

Good to know.

Sounds like the 25R's are more worth it since they are a little cheaper as well.

Thanks again.

That sums it up for me, if you are only getting 5-10% more vape time it is not going to change when you carry spare batteries and when you don't, so why spend much more money.
  • Like 1