DNA250 board. Really a 200.

Smeef

Smeef said:

Still limited to 1A charging Wayneo and no Retird, it will stop at 200/133.

Sounds like a 200 to me unless the wattage is set in EScribe to a maximum of 200 when it could got to 250 if it is a 250 board. You might try to set the maximum to 250 in the Kanthal Power Limit field in the Mod Tab.  If it won't accept 250 then it is a 200 board.

I'm not really sure what you intend for me to gather from that thread. I read that earlier. You mentioned someone possibly mis-labeling a board so I posted a pic to show that it's more than just a mis-labeled board. The layout and components match that of a 250.

What I gathered by that thread was that even tho the boards were the same physical size the components were different. I gathered the 250 board had different sized components than the 200 board...

I noticed the 250 board mentioned in that thread did not replace a 200 board in his device without modifying his device.

So are you saying you think the 250 board is the only board now and Evolv only limits the max wattage by the firmware they load into the board?  Maybe I didn't understand what you are saying... 

That is what I'm thinking yes. I sent them a 200 and got a box with a 200 label on it, but the picture I posted is what was inside. Everything in Escribe points to a 200, while looking at it points to a 250.

I'm not quite sure what that person in that thread really had to do. I swapped out a Hobo X DNA200 with a 250 board and had to modify nothing. It could just be whatever mod he had, the makers had some type of screen mount that attached to the board itself which yes, there would be extra bits in that area.

I'm not unhappy by any means. Just curious if this is a way for them to phase out the 200. Replace all old 200's with a 250 and leave it up to the end user with a firmware update.

that's a 250 board. at least the hardware layout is that of a DNA 250. post a pic of the front. that will tell me a lot more than just a pic of the back.  that will also tell me what charging circuit it has. it can be possible you have the incorrect firmware on the board, your setting in EScribe are incorrect (kanthal limit, USB charge current limit) who knows. i don't see why evolv would send you a 250 limited to 200w, the 200 was not discontinued. although it is a direct drop in replacement for the 200, the 2a charging components make it necessary to modify the screen holder of many mass produced mods in order for a correct fit.

ya that's 100% a DNA 250 board. you see the component (inductor) on the front marked "4R7"? that is one of a few new components, only on the DNA 250, responsible for the 2a charging. if you go into EScribe, the USB current, on a DNA 250, should be limited to 1a and .5a for a DNA 200. do you see 1a? post a screenshot of device monitor with the USB voltage and current boxes ticked. also post a SS of your battery settings. this is interesting me.

Evolv is not going to phase out the DNA200. My e-mail response from Evolv when I ask if the 200 will be phased out was that the DNA200 would be produced "in perpetuity".  I don't want to leave the impression that a 250 board will replace a 200 board in every device unless it will without needing any modification.... that's all....