Escribe Buggy Updates

Is it me or just my devices, updated my Vaporshark DNA200 last but one update, started having trouble with charging, would jump from 80% to 100% then as soon as used device would drop to about 75%. Just updated the Hcigar VT75Nano, battery charge percentage in use fluctuates, it goes up, it goes down, you use it some it drops several percent then goes back up, then drops off,even at idle. Not going to bother with updates again, they f*ck an otherwise solid devices, not impressed grrrr

Buellbloke said:

.... Just updated the Hcigar VT75Nano

You do realize there hasn't been an update for this since 2016-06-05 and your computer capture shows 22/12/2016 which is when you probably downloaded it onto your PC. I think your mod already had the June 2016 firmware (based on release date of the Nano), and something else has happened.

My only thought would be to clean all your mod connections and battery ends, make sure they all seem solid/snug.

I downloaded it the other day when the mod arrived, went on to implement my custom screens, change the screen on time, increase the wattage increments to 0.50, escribe prompted an update, did think at the time the Shark DNA200 was a buggy update and could have probs with the nano. then again I replaced the battery on the shark 200 with like so maybe the board forgot some settings? It's quirky the nano I just ignore it now, when the battery is flat or bugging out with 30% life I swap it out. Am running 0.50ohm coils so not like am taxing the thing. The device is pristine am even using Noalox on the threads to keep it smooth and maintain a good earth. Never been a fan of anything temp controlled above my rDNA40, always felt the vape on the DNA200 in TC with nickel was lack lustre. My batteries could be getting old I suppose, LG's two brown two yellows originally used as matched pairs in a Vaporshark DNA40 flask. They're all over a year old.

@buellbloke That update you downloaded was probably just for Escribe, and not firmware for your mod, which was probably at the latest June 2016 version.

• What do you mean 'bugging out'? What kind of battery, and what's your 'cell soft cutoff' set for?
  • I don't understand what 'always felt the vape on the DNA200 in TC with nickel was lack lustre. My batteries could be getting old I suppose' the VS200 is a Lipo, but a Device Monitor Print Screen while firing would answer so many questions. I can't recommend what options needs to be checked without a bit more clarity.

But no worries, you're at the right place. :thumb:

The batteries getting old was an after thought concerning the VT75 Nano though I realise I tagged it onto the end of the the DNA200 bit.
So to clarify the Vt75 nano since the update reads as charged, then drops a couple percent off the first vape, climbs back up then drops off again. Am losing 20 - 40% of my batteries since the update, prior it ran from 100% down to about 12%.
The Vaporshark runs a Lipo 3S 9volt, the first battery killed off a cell after about 8 months of use, the new battery an exact replacement, seems to jump from 80% to 100% on the charge and never charges above 4.12, all other ( non lipo) batteries seem to charge to 4.20. Then the battery on first use will promptly drop to about 78%.

I own the vaporshark Dna40 and rDna40 I find the vape in TC with nickel more satisfying on those devices than I do on the Vaporshark Dna200 in TC, it seems to take an age to hit the right wattage if ever and always throttles back much quicker, regardless of the pre heat setting.

This is the Shark dna200 firing using a non TC 0.50 ohm stainless dual coil,
Cell soft cutoff is 3.05volts

vs200 3 sec puff.jpg  
This a 3 second puff on the Nano same coil as above.
Cell soft cutoff is 2.75volts.
Nano3 sec puff.jpg 

The 75
So to clarify the Vt75 nano since the update reads as charged, then drops a couple percent off the first vape, climbs back up then drops off again. Am losing 20 - 40% of my batteries since the update, prior it ran from 100% down to about 12%. - The drop then climb is normal as the battery comes back to its resting voltage. Do you notice there's MUCH less sag on your 200 image(which is a bit unfair comparison). I wish you could put your mouse pointer on the low point after firing, you'll probably see your batteries are hitting the cutoff. Good call on replacing it. 

The 200

The Vaporshark runs a Lipo 3S 9volt, the first battery killed off a cell after about 8 months of use, the new battery an exact replacement, seems to jump from 80% to 100% on the charge and never charges above 4.12, all other ( non lipo) batteries seem to charge to 4.20. Then the battery on first use will promptly drop to about 78%. <- Can you check if yours is set to max charges or max puffs (mod tab)? Maximize charges will only charge to 4.1 volts but gives you close to twice the battery life. Because of that your watt hours are out, hence the inaccurate %.