Alternative LED

Hi everyone

I thought about using a illuminated switch with RGB capabilities. I will then connect the LED's of the switch to the pins on the DNA75 (after removing the existing RGB LED). Before doing so I need some specs regarding the LED.

- I need a pin-out of the on-board LED to see which pad is R,G,B and mass.
- What is the maximum current which could be drawn? The switch I found needs 20mA on each channel and I don't expect that this much current could actually be drawn (but would be nice tho).
- What are the voltage levels provided for each colour? The voltage levels on the switch I found are as follows: Red=1.8V; Green/Blue=2.8V

Here is a link to the datasheet of the switch I thought about using: http://spec_sheets.e-switch.com/specs/52-PV6F240SS3R1.pdf

Thanks in advance for answering my questions! :thumb:

ChunkyButt200 said:

this would be a question to ask evolv directly through their help ticket.

I expected Evolv to be visiting this forum from time to time and answer questions other users can't answer. Are they really not showing up here?!? o.O

<span>VapingBad</span> said:

There are some clear button out there that will do the job with no effort

Unfortunately not regarding my construction. I don't use the button on the board. ;)

marcsz said:

I expected Evolv to be visiting this forum from time to time and answer questions other users can't answer. Are they really not showing up here?!? o.O

Brandon (from Evolv) just posted about the announcement of the new DNA60 just after your post.

Looking at the board straight on fire button up top, USB on bottom your pins are as follows.

M R
B G

Peak Forward Current (1/10 Duty Cycle 0.1ms Pulse Width) B: 100mA G: 100mA R: 80mA

DC forward current, 20 20 30 mA respectively.

BG are 2.8v-3.9v and R is 1.80v-2.40v

marcsz said:

Thank you very much Nick for the information. Looks great!

@retird
If anybody else now wants to do something like this the information is available for every one in here and not only in my email inbox. ;)

Yep, it is great that Nick responded.  Many times we can and do post e-mail information after we receive it to help the community.

Please post a picture of your completed device as we like to see and share what others have designed. Modding may take on a whole new meaning after August 8 IMO.

retird said:

Please post a picture of your completed device as we like to see and share what others have designed.

Will definitively do that. Actual delivery time for the switches is 8-10 weeks. So it will take some time...

• 7 months later...