Scrolling text!!

IMPORTKILLR

I would very much like to see scrolling text added in the form of an update in the near future on all escribe compatable devices. Would allow for more letters even on the main screen would be nice, for words longer than five letters for the profile name on the home screen. If anything for when switching between profiles would be nice if anything...

giz_60 said:

You can submit suggestions to Evolv here....a lot of the features available today started off as suggestions...

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add&category=5

thank you. I most definitely will do. Got kind of busy and forgot about this lol. I'm assuming I'll get a response like "we'll we would love the idea but unfortunately it comes down to hardware which doesn't support scrolling text"... well when my casio g-shock master of g multi band 6 rangeman GW-9400 module 3410 supports scrolling text and my dna 250 or 75 can't , we'll I think we gottsa issue here! Idk man I'm not expecting any of my 8 big and or small screen dna 40's to support it but I would think the 75 200 250 should, crap even the dna 60. Well we shall see. If anyone can get it done I suppose evolvvapor are the ones!!

Lol!! I just happened to see this same exact video yesterday morning. And only because I was thinking about emailing evolve and asking them if they were about to release any new products prior to my dna 250 purchase. If anything good I might of held out, but as I do like this dna 75c it isn't enough to have made me regret my purchase. Thanks retired for pointing this out!!!

I would also like to see maybe an option for us already purchased dna board users a screen of the same size but in color to spice things up a bit. Like maybe a battery icon that goes from green to yellow to red as the battery life is depleted. Maybe temperature numbers from white to red as the temperature reaches it maximum set point. Maybe some colors to play around with in the themes section of escribe. Nothing too wild and out of the ordinary but just some basic colors throughout the screen. It would be a new screen that you could purchase and install yourself using the same ribbon wire input jack along with an optional firmware and software update for those users of the new screen. I have good faith in evolve and their ability to get er done...

IMPORTKILLR said:

Sounds like a good idea, but the small [big] screen DNA devices that's only 0.91", (and it also with its very coarse pixel density, but I'm sure a color variant would have a much finer pixel density) is hard to find. I've looked for them before and all the 0.91" oLED screens with a 8 contact ribbon cable are either white, green, or blue monochromatic oLED's. That's why the new DNA 75c ones are twice as big, and have a much finer pixel density than 128x32 pixels.

giz_60 said:

You can submit suggestions to Evolv here....a lot of the features available today started off as suggestions...

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add&category=5

Thanks for that.  I had an idea about the battery meter being tied to pack voltage that I think would be a snap for 18650 guys.  (Instead of the battery calibration)  Maybe they'll consider giving us round cell guys a more casual battery meter option.  (I hope!)  

• 3 weeks later...
XenonRam said:

Sounds like a good idea, but the small [big] screen DNA devices that's only 0.91", (and it also with its very coarse pixel density, but I'm sure a color variant would have a much finer pixel density) is hard to find. I've looked for them before and all the 0.91" oLED screens with a 8 contact ribbon cable are either white, green, or blue monochromatic oLED's. That's why the new DNA 75c ones are twice as big, and have a much finer pixel density than 128x32 pixels.

yeah I definitely see what your saying and would definitely agree with that if it wasn't for my g-shock rangeman with less pixels ability to scroll text rather well enough to read while scrolling. I say if casio can nail it evolv should be able to. Great point imo!!