DNA 250 3rd battery issue

LMM

Hello, 

I've bought a used DNA250 mod without Lipo battery, after my previous one stops working. 

I have this problem, the 3rd battery shows a crazy voltage that goes up and down while monitoring, even if the battery has been charged with an external charger.

With te battery set to 3s the mod doesn't charge tjhe battery and shows a 0% battery charge. The only way to make it work is to set the battery to 2s, this way the battery can be charged and the mod works.

The External battery charger works because at the end of the charge i have  a stable 12,6V measured with a multimeter so the 3 elements are good. If i put the battery inside the mod i have the issues i described.

The problems occurs with two different batteries, so i assume some board failure or bad settings since the previous mod works perfectly with one of the two battery tested.

Hope everithing is clear....i'm italian.

waiting for some help

Does the lipo balance plug plugs directly into the board? And this is a 3 cell lipo and not a 4 cell right?

Also check with EScribe software and check whether it is set for the correct cell lipo. If you don't know where it is in EScribe, just ask.

Edited by BillW50

Hi Bill,

Lipo balance plug is connected to the board, the battery is set to Lithyum Polimer 3s with the correct parameters. 

It's a 3 cells battery, Fun Fly 1300mah 3s 100c 14,43wh 11.1V

Same settings used in my previous DNA250 mod that worked perfectly until it failed.

3rd cell behaviour_.png

battery settings_.png

Edited by LMM

Thanks Bill but i've understood! Infact i put the ground on the black cable soldering on the board, the positive on the red cable soldering and then i push the box on the table to fire. 

I don't know what he means with A plug so i upload the picture to show the connections. Clear enough?

3 minuti fa, BillW50 ha scritto:

Let's see if I have this correct. You had a previous DNA250C mod with a 3 cell lipo that was doing this. Now you have another DNA250C mod that is also doing the same. And you have two lipos that were doing the same thing on both mods. Is this right?

I had a DNA 250 With the 3 cells lipo you see in that picture and it was working correctly. Than it shuts off while i was vaping in my car for no reason, and don't turn on again. Fried circuit.

I have bought another one, without battery, i plug my battery and the behaviour it's shown in the screen i've uploaded some posts before. I have another battery, brand new, never used and i tried that one too, same behaviour.

Basically if i set 3 cells Lithium Polymer battery, the third cell goes crazy as shown in the escribe graphs, i'm unable to charge the battery with the cable, the charge indicator shows 0% constantly, if i set 2 cells everything works correctly.

Ah... well the battery voltage (also known as the pack voltage) with EScribe is showing 12.19v. Cells 1 and 2 are showing 4.18v. And cell 3 is showing 3.84v (also jumping around). And when you add 4.18 + 4.18 + 3.84 it equals 12.2v. All this adds up just right. If these readings are indeed correct, the DNA250C is in balance charging mode to raise the cell 3 up to 4.18v. This will take the DNA250C like more than 24 hours to finish for being 0.4v off. It will look like the mod isn't charging since the current is very low during balance charging mode. And please set it to 3 cell or it won't fix it.

There are more things I want to cover like the cell 3 jumping around and external charging. But more on that later.

That cell 3 jumping around could be a serious problem with external charging and with the DNA250C balance charging. It is most likely dirt or something on the balance plug most likely the pin next to the red wire or the one that is the red wire. Those two are the cell 3 voltage. Either the battery plug or on the board side has the problem.

• Like 1

Ok, i'm trying a USB charging recovery to see what happens...

Anyway, i ask you this, the external charger uses the balance connector, and at the end of the process the battery is 12.60V with no fluctuations.

So the three cells are 4.2V and it means that the charger works; so why the board recognize the battery as imbalanced? The previous mod (DNA 250 as well) did recognize the battery perfectly balanced and  with no issues.

Thank you for your time

Il 6/12/2023 in 22:16 , BillW50 ha scritto:

That cell 3 jumping around could be a serious problem with external charging and with the DNA250C balance charging. It is most likely dirt or something on the balance plug most likely the pin next to the red wire or the one that is the red wire. Those two are the cell 3 voltage. Either the battery plug or on the board side has the problem.

The one with the worst soldering... 

• Like 2

2 ore fa, BillW50 ha scritto:

The pad came loose and the solder has cracked. There's your cell 3 voltage jumping around.

Unfortunately seems that soldering again all the pins don't solve the problem, i'm going to check again.

Anyway, the box was opened and a fixing attempt was done by someone else since the yellow protective plastic film and a screw were missing.

At this point the real problem could be the charge chip, i've read that a malfunctioning is a "common" issue.

I'll keep you updated.