If you want it done right DIY

AnonymousMike

So im trying to find out how to make a mod from a lostvape hyperion.   the fire button broke and it seems to be cheaply made, if i take it apart i was thinking i could make one out of wood and use the evolv chip, i read that i can use external buttons and wire them to the board, i can not find a drawing , dont know if i can wire the fire button and the 3 select buttons to all external buttons, or maybe much easy to find a face plate and a set of buttons, so what im saying is i am having a hard time finding videos and information about DIY mods using the evolv chipsets.

• Like 1

Stealthvape (UK) has everything you'll need, including the Engineering diagram showing the solder points if you want to use any external buttons.

Your fire button should be fine. The plastic holder over the top is probably what broke. 

https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/product/evolv-dna100c/

Analogboxmods has build videos on youtube and a website, but no 100C enclosures

• Like 2

1845026191_Hyperion-10Opened.thumb.jpg.f372f829ea71492d3b8f7e7d91cdcea9.jpg

The firing pad in this pic is off on the right side on the table. They break off from the plastic frame. Why they used plastic arms to act as a spring, I'll never know. Some have just glued the arms back on. But I would guess it would just break again. It might work by tossing the pad away and just using it without.

• Like 4

• 8 months later...
On 6/11/2023 at 4:43 PM, BillW50 said:

1845026191_Hyperion-10Opened.thumb.jpg.f372f829ea71492d3b8f7e7d91cdcea9.jpg

The firing pad in this pic is off on the right side on the table. They break off from the plastic frame. Why they used plastic arms to act as a spring, I'll never know. Some have just glued the arms back on. But I would guess it would just break again. It might work by tossing the pad away and just using it without.

Your picture helped me out in a huge way, Bill! My hyperion was sitting for months until moments ago. A pocket knife blade between the button's house and the body of the mod with a little friendly persuasion in a few areas to break loose the adhesive and the actuator plate released.

After trimming the broken plastic "spring" parts away (the two small legs from both sides), I used about half a drop of contact adhesive to glue the plastic actuator that broke away to the interior of the switch's plate and we're back in business.

Thank you sir!

Edited by Podunk Steam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1