Inverted colours on DNA 100C (Lost Vape Hyperion)

Peat

• Peat changed the title to Inverted colours on DNA 100C (Lost Vape Hyperion)
17 hours ago, retird said:

There is no issue. The theme you have chosen to use was designed to have that color. You can go to the DOWNLOAD section of this web site and see many themes that you can use.  Just upload the them into your device.using EScribe..

Download EScribe siftware to your computer...

.https://www.evolvapor.com/escribe

I’m not sure why you say there is no issue?

The theme I chose and downloaded from the forum site had a black background with white text however when uploaded to my device those colours are reversed, white background with black text.

I’ve tried other themes and those with multiple colours schemes, once inverted, become almost impossible to read clearly. 
I’ve reinstalled default theme and the inverted colour issue persisted. 

5 hours ago, Peat said:

I’m not sure why you say there is no issue?

The theme I chose and downloaded from the forum site had a black background with white text however when uploaded to my device those colours are reversed, white background with black text.

I’ve tried other themes and those with multiple colours schemes, once inverted, become almost impossible to read clearly. 
I’ve reinstalled default theme and the inverted colour issue persisted. 

Thanks for the additional information which gives a better view of what you are seeing. Which theme is this ? I want to look at it on one of my devices.  @dwcraig1 gave good advice and Evolv Help Desk will guide you... Let us know what they say....

28 minutes ago, retird said:

Thanks for the additional information which gives a better view of what you are seeing. Which theme is this ? I want to look at it on one of my devices.  @dwcraig1 gave good advice and Evolv Help Desk will guide you... Let us know what they say....

When I first powered up the device it had the default evolv theme, black background white text, which was ok but I was keen to put the DNA 100C (Lost Vape Hyperion mod) through its paces and change the theme to something more custom. 
The theme I chose was Pro Vapers by member aMirs. It worked great but I got greedy and wanted to change it to another one. This time I went with The Giant v9 with the Darth Vader Lock Screen theme. This is when the inverted colours issue occurred. I tried to reinstall the default theme however the colours reminded inverted. 

When you click on Help in EScribe and click on Backups and scroll down to the botton does it give the earliest backup that you can upload to get back to the original settings when you got the mod?  

From another thread I paste this:

Under the help tab on top left of EScribe there is backups option, there you can choose a previous setting. You can revert to previous firmware under the Tools tab/Apply Service Pack, choose the one that you want and upload settings. This needs to be on the computer that you previously connecte...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also own the Hyperion DNA 100C. I also have the problem. 
I have also switched between different themes. Even with the default theme from Evolv (see pictures) the colors are not displayed correctly. Also a change of the service pack did not work. 
Now I have again the ProVapers.Portrait.v9.1 as theme on the device and the colors are also again not correctly displayed (see pictures).
What to do about this problem? Can someone help there? The device works fine otherwise.

Thanks for the help.

On 7/3/2022 at 3:51 AM, Peat said:

The theme I chose was Pro Vapers by member aMirs. It worked great but I got greedy and wanted to change it to another one. This time I went with The Giant v9 with the Darth Vader Lock Screen theme. This is when the inverted colours issue occurred.

Somehow I'd imagine there was also an unwritten 'Restore Defaults' added in there?

13 minutes ago, Nils81 said:

What to do about this problem? Can someone help there? The device works fine otherwise.

Go read the post directly before yours and somehow I'd imagine there was also an unwritten 'Restore Defaults' added in there also.

• Like 1

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Wayneo:

Somehow I'd imagine there was also an unwritten 'Restore Defaults' added in there?

Go read the post directly before yours and somehow I'd imagine there was also an unwritten 'Restore Defaults' added in there also.

I will now use the EScribe software to reset the device to "Restore Defaults" and report back.
Thanks for the info.

4 minutes ago, Nils81 said:

I will now use the EScribe software to reset the device to "Restore Defaults" and report back.

I NEVER said to do that. No need to. If you read my words, that was a question to the other dude, notice the '?'

Also an installation of the theme "ProVapers.Portrait.v9.1" has now worked without problems without the inversion of the colors (see picture). 
Then, in any case, the problem has been solved for me by resetting the device to factory settings.

Many thanks for the support.

ProVapers.Portrait.v9.1.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nils81 said:

Also an installation of the theme "ProVapers.Portrait.v9.1" has now worked without problems without the inversion of the colors (see picture). 
Then, in any case, the problem has been solved for me by resetting the device to factory settings.

Many thanks for the support.

ProVapers.Portrait.v9.1.jpg

That’s great to hear you’ve been able to solve this issue Nils81! 
Are you able to do a step by step guide on how you reset your device? 

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Peat:

That’s great to hear you’ve been able to solve this issue Nils81! 
Are you able to do a step by step guide on how you reset your device? 

1.) Connect your device to your PC via the USB port and start the EScribe software.
2.) Open the "General" tab.
3.) Press the "Restore Defaults" button.
4.) Press the "Upload Settings to Device" button.

After that your device should have a normal color scheme again with the default Evolv theme.
Good luck with it.

DNA100C-Restore_Defaults.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I've had the issue as well.

This issue is due to the 100c screen that some of the Lost Vape mods use. It can affect both the Hyperion & Thelema. They use a longer but more slim screen (at least in some.) I know this because I cannibalized 1 to put the screen in a Boxer mod tht died from ejuice. It wouldn't fit. It was too long & skinny. So I had a Rebel & pulled it's screen instead. It was shorter & wider like the Boxer screen & fit. So tht fixed my repair but curious I took apart a new Thelma I had got for Xmas. It had the same slim, long screen that the Hyperion had.

Further perplexed & now just messing around I took apart an old, beat to hell DNA 250c from LV. A Centaurus I believe. It's screen fit & was the size of the Boxer/Rebel.

I can tell you for sure as I've built a few DNA mods tht if you get an Evolv DNA board the official screen is the size used in the Boxer/Rebel. LV is using a complete different screen instead of the Evolv. It is again longer & slimmer in physical size & display area. I can't speak to why. Perhaps they are using up a screen surplus from past mods or perhaps they had fitment issues late in the game.

Either way I THINK the issue is that the LV models w/ the slimmer screen can't fit all the info in some themes tht stretch absolute end to end in design & it causes this. A reset like stated above fixes it & the mod is fine afterwards. I'm not sure that's the reason it looks wonky ofc, but I am sure they've shipped some mods w/ a slightly different size screen. The size is diff enough tht the screens aren't interchangeable into other DNA mods & they sit in a plastic case/frame in the inside to make them fit the LV 100c's. 

I'll saved the screens in a parts bag in the garage I believe as well.

Pretty sure the Giant will work properly after the reset if you run into this as well. It did for me even in the LV screen. If not try a diff wallpaper (if u care.)

Edited by BigLarry