Dna 100c flavour and settings

knikol

Hi, just bought a Hyperion 100c but i realised that, from dna 250c and beyond, I do not enjoy vaping in dna devices anymore..

No need to mention specific builds or juices, in a few words, any build in any atomizer when attached to an X device provides better taste result when the same is attached to a dna device.. the best example of better taste result is when using my double barrel v3 mod.. better than my odin 250c and better than my most recent purchase, Hyperion 100c..

Everyone in here or in person, always mentions about customisation of dna devices etc but.. I don't know.. apart from basics, can anyone really customise a dna device? Apart from preheat, punch and all the basics..

Is there anyone to tell me how i will customise my Hyperion to simulate and work like my double barrel v3? Or to make it work like a yihi when need to? Are there any readymade profiles for the above? If not, what settings should i experiment with, trying to change the taste i get.. the flavour..

Thanks in advance!

I think we're gonna more words. 
What material is your coil used in the DB V3, and what Ω's? How many watts do you run it at?
When you put it on the Hyperion, what Ω's does it show, what is the profile called, what coil material shows? How many watts do you run it at?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

My favourite setup for instance is the coilology mtl staple ni80 4-.1*.3/40 , 5 wraps 2.5 core @ 0.58 ohms

Read the same from both devices

always at 23 watts

Watts profile, default materials for dna, so also watts

Edited by knikol

I never noticed any difference between DNA mods and non-DNA mods in wattage mode when vaping, except some (maybe most) non-DNA mods will putout more power than what you have them set at. So to get the same vape, I have to set them at a lower wattage than I would with a DNA. I have one SXK SEVO-70 board that you can set it to 10 watts and I'm sure it is hitting over 30 watts. That is the worst one I have for being off.

Edited by BillW50

1 hour ago, Wayneo είπε:

So if you turn up the watts, won't you get the same taste/flavor?

Edit: Or you could use the 'watt boost' profile, say start at 5, to give those 23 watts some extra watts for more power 

None of those work.. no differences depending on boost, power, Watts etc.. I only feel a "different" taste and surely not more pleasant.. can't explain more in English as I would like to..(not my native)..

55 minutes ago, BillW50 είπε:

I never noticed any difference between DNA mods and non-DNA mods in wattage mode when vaping, except some (maybe most) non-DNA mods will putout more power than what you have them set at. So to get the same vape, I have to set them at a lower wattage than I would with a DNA. I have one SXK SEVO-70 board that you can set it to 10 watts and I'm sure it is hitting over 30 watts. That is the worst one I have for being off.

I feel that stability of power that you describe and that's surely verified for dna.. no doubt about that!

It just tastes different to me.. hope i would fix that somehow by settings.. material? Curve of electricity? Dont know exactly what this solution would be.. but there should be one.. as "fully customizable" right?

I can't see how it could taste different. As both the DNA and non are just putting out a straight DC voltage as an output (with boost off). There are some non-DNA (rare) mods that doesn't work that way and putout pulse width modulation (PWM). Those doesn't putout a straight DC voltage for wattage, but pulses a much higher wattage and then switches to 0 watts and switches on and off thousands of times per second to simulate adjustable wattage by averaging the width of the pulses. Maybe that is what you like. I looked at the DB3 board and it is tiny. And it very well could be using PWM. PWM mods will sometimes produce a high pitch sound that some can hear when firing. And sometimes you can feel the vape pulsing. I can with my VAMO, which is my only PWM mod I own. It is seen as a poor man's wattage control and very cheap to manufacture.

2 minutes ago, BillW50 είπε:

I can't see how it could taste different. As both the DNA and non are just putting out a straight DC voltage as an output (with boost off). There are some non-DNA (rare) mods that doesn't work that way and putout pulse width modulation (PWM). Those doesn't putout a straight DC voltage for wattage, but pulses a much higher wattage and then switches to 0 watts and switches on and off thousands of times per second to simulate adjustable wattage by averaging the width of the pulses. Maybe that is what you like. I looked at the DB3 board and it is tiny. And it very well could be using PWM. PWM mods will sometimes produce a high pitch sound that some can hear when firing. And sometimes you can feel the vape pulsing. I can with my VAMO, which is my only PWM mod I own. It is seen as a poor man's wattage control and very cheap to manufacture.

That's a nice reply, so we both agree that surely there is also another way handling electricity! Didn't know exactly what you described but sounds reasonable.. it seems that this difference is noticeable to me, my feel of sensing flavour..

In any case, didn't you ever change mod with the same build / atomizer etc and tasted the same eliquid different from one device to another?

Anyway, do i have options for setting the optimum with the above wire and with a "material" through escribe? Or any fix / way so to regulate electricity somehow different?

The material shouldn't make any difference in wattage mode. And maybe I could explain PWM this way (and we don't really know if the Double Barrel 3.0 is really using PWN). But imagine if you could fire and release the fire button on a DNA mod like 32 thousand times per second, that's what PWM it is actually doing. The DNA boost setting just applies more voltage at the beginning of the vape to heat up a cold coil faster. Depending on the coil, you may not even need it. Since many simple coils heats up virtually instantly anyway. The Double Barrel 3.0 doesn't sport any boost from what I can see.

How you might get a more flavorful vape from PWM is because instead of a solid voltage being applied like the DNA, which gives you a very steady temperature at the coil. PWM switches on and off so much, the temperature also jumps up and down a bit. And depending on the juice, could produce a more flavorful vape.

Edited by BillW50

PWM is what I have been thinking about since reading your first post of this thread. Way back I bought a Smok Vmax and it pusled at around 96 pulses per second and really wasn't that noticeable. Soon they brought out the Zmax and it pulsed at around 33 cycles per second, that was quite noticeable and it was referred to  as rattle snaking. Same for a lot of China mods of that era. Vamo was another.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BillW50 είπε:

The material shouldn't make any difference in wattage mode. And maybe I could explain PWM this way (and we don't really know if the Double Barrel 3.0 is really using PWN). But imagine if you could fire and release the fire button on a DNA mod like 32 thousand times per second, that's what PWM it is actually doing. The DNA boost setting just applies more voltage at the beginning of the vape to heat up a cold coil faster. Depending on the coil, you may not even need it. Since many simple coils heats up virtually instantly anyway. The Double Barrel 3.0 doesn't sport any boost from what I can see.

How you might get a more flavorful vape from PWN is because instead of a solid voltage being applied like the DNA, which gives you a very steady temperature at the coil. PWM switches on and off so much, the temperature also jumps up and down a bit. And depending on the juice, could produce a more flavorful vape.

I really appreciate your time replying..

Got it , all of these..

The question remains.. is there any way i could customise somehow anything so to get a different result than I get now..? That's the point..

At least, the best optimised for the above setup minimum.. so to know that i get the 100% of the device..and then see if it's for me or not..

2 minutes ago, dwcraig1 είπε:

PWM is what I have been thinking about since reading your first post of this thread. Way back I bought a Smok Vmax and it pusled at around 96 pulses per second and really wasn't that noticeable. Soon the brought out the Zmax and it pulsed at around 33 cycles per second, that was quite noticeable and it was referred to  as rattle snaking. Same for a lot of China mods of that era. Vamo was another.

Thanks! Maybe you re right..

Conclusion..

Is there a way to simulate this somehow?

Is this something we can customise..or not?

Just by controlling the ramp up time, so as to heat up the coil slower and thus hitting all of those different temperatures slower while the coil heats up. And the only way to do this is by lowering your wattage. You also can vary temperature by not vaping with a constant draw, but by varying it a bit. Yeah well, easier said than done.

Edited by BillW50

Another thing too, is having hotter and cooler spots with your coil. So you get vapor produced at different temperatures. This is kind of hard with wire coils since you can easily get hot spots that are just way too hot. Although I noticed some mesh coils, are hotter and cooler just a little in some spots. Some mesh designs are better than others for this. And probably why some like mesh better than wire coils. I tend to like mesh better for that reason.

Something else that can help too, is two or more coils. As unless they are exactly identical in every way, they are not going to be at identical temperatures. Same is true (and probably more so) for mesh as well.