Reflex Double Orange(?) LED Flash

zillionbird

I've had my Reflex for about 3 days now and it's so good I'm packing away all my old devices. This is the type of vape I've been searching for all along..I love it!  I do have one issue so far though...Upon drawing on the device, it will occasionally cut the power and the LED will flash twice what looks like an orange color. I wonder is this is a dry wick protection or something though the liquid I am using is not particularly viscous. After reading through the manual I can't find any mention of this particular indication.

• 3 months later...
On 3/13/2021 at 5:51 PM, Markse68 said:

its not low battery- mine does after full charge and it’s getting a bit annoying. I wondered if it’s a device overheat protection or maybe a puff limiter like the old 10sec draw cutoff?

Markse68, I think you're right. It seems more consistent with some sort of overheating protection. But if so, mine overheats pretty easily then. 

If you go into Device Monitor, what Board Temperature is the Reflex showing when it's blinking orange?

Orange blinking indicates a thermal protection, yes. It could either be overheat protection for the board itself, or a thermal model of the pod to prevent the device from burning your mouth.

What is your firmware version? (You can find it in Tools->Diagnostics->Show Diagnostic Information.)

Hi James, i don’t think anything could be overheating as sometimes it happens really quickly after a long rest of the device so everything should be safely cool but you may be right about some sort of pod overheat protection 🤷‍♂️

I downloaded the escribe hack for the reflex- well i don’t think it’s really a hack but rather allows access to the advanced settings. In there there is a setting under protections for watt seconds limit. This is power over time or an average power limit per second. I think this may be set a bit conservatively for UL safety specs to protect the battery/electronics and maybe it’s false triggering. That’s my guess. I haven’t changed it yet as mine seems to have settled down for now.

I really like the device and the tech but i’m having trouble justifying the cost of a new pod per day- I change my wick in my dna go squonker daily and for good reason and really i think this is no different. It doesn’t really make sense.

Mark

Hmm. Why a new pod every day? On Reflex, a pod should last a week or two at the very least.

What's your firmware version? (You can find it in Tools->Diagnostics->Show Diagnostic Information.) There's an older firmware and a newer firmware and they have slightly different thermal models.

I run high vg eliquid as i don’t get on with pg but i mix my own with very little flavour (<1%) and even with just a few drops of menthol i find after a day the coil is getting gunky and caramelised- from a flavour and safety perspective a fresh wick each day is desirable. I actually find the reflex is getting gunky faster than the dna go but then i guess with the power ramping with draw that’s to be expected.

My reflex is at home so i’ll have to check the fw version tomorrow.

Mark

On 3/17/2021 at 4:34 PM, James said:

Hmm. Why a new pod every day? On Reflex, a pod should last a week or two at the very least.

What's your firmware version? (You can find it in Tools->Diagnostics->Show Diagnostic Information.) There's an older firmware and a newer firmware and they have slightly different thermal models.

Hi James, I checked and it’s 1.1 SP42.1 US rev 311104285. I couldn’t find where to download firmware from Evolv?

Mark

I’m pretty sure the double orange led is to do with this setting “cutoff energy”  or “ the amount of energy output before the device becomes too hot to touch” 

I got mine to the double orange state by chain vaping it and it was fine to touch so i increased this value from 600 to 750 W.s. And it hasn’t done the double orange since.

Mark

1407C5C8-AE6D-400F-ADA4-2DF3F2F01912.jpeg

• Thanks 1