Verify DNA 60 Authenticity

VAPINGSSP

Wondering how to verify the authenticity of a DNA 60 Chip. Mod does not have a USB....which of course means I cannot connect to escribe to see.  I've recently been scammed a couple of times, and trying to avoid a third. Sent a mod off to have the stock chip replaced with a DNA 60, want to ensure it is in fact a DNA 60 when i get it back. I have a couple DNA 75s, but relatively new to the DNA world.  Appreciate the help. 

Thanks. Its funny that you showed the easy side by side....thats what I'm getting swapped to a DNA 60. Its a long convoluted story, but someone I have trusted for years, bought tons of stuff from recently screwed me.  I already gave him the mod and paid for him to put in a DNA60 chip. I thought nothing of it until now....then realized there is no USB, and how would I know if its legit. I have a clear easy side by side too, so will definitely compare the screens side by side (lol, no pun).  But thinking when I boot up the screen it won't say ambition mods anymore....won't it say evolve or something like that or different? 

It is capable of being programmed to say what ever is programmed into it . If your guy puts in a board without programming it  then it will have the stock Evolv setting and will say "Evolv" on the start up screen.

I hate when the builders don't add a data capable USB port. EScribe is half of the show.

9 minutes ago, VAPINGSSP said:

Thanks. Its funny that you showed the easy side by side....thats what I'm getting swapped to a DNA 60. Its a long convoluted story, but someone I have trusted for years, bought tons of stuff from recently screwed me.  I already gave him the mod and paid for him to put in a DNA60 chip. I thought nothing of it until now....then realized there is no USB, and how would I know if its legit. I have a clear easy side by side too, so will definitely compare the screens side by side (lol, no pun).  But thinking when I boot up the screen it won't say ambition mods anymore....won't it say evolve or something like that or different? 

Don't look at the screen as it looks authentic, look at the component layout on the board.

Thanks, and what you just said is what I'm afraid of. Because its a black mod, I won't be able to see the board as easily, but will do whatever I can to verify it. The settings should be slightluly different on the DNA 60, so hopefully that will be enough. 

• 8 months later...

Hi, I hope everyone is alright. I have two different brand dna60 mods and I noticed one of them has a more blueish tint to the letters the other is clearly more white, is this normal? As far as I know one cannot change the color of the font on the dna60 screen, right? I am almost sure both boards are original, but only one has usb on it.. But both are from reputable modders. I took a picture but unfortunately the color of the letters is not distinguishable.  

Thank for the help

37278DF2-877B-49EB-A051-6C6495359305_1_105_c.jpeg

There have been different shades of white. Well respected persons have also mentioned 3rd party screens have worked (color mods) elsewhere.
If the mod with USB can be seen in escribe I'd say it's authentic
For the other, you'll have to try the different key sequences to see if it matches the authentic (TC). IIRC there are some that have copied the font (Aspire I think) and a couple key sequences.

• Like 1

Thank you for your help. I'll try to check the key sequences. The mod without the USB (the one on the top) is from a reputable maker I certainly don't want to offend the guy or anything, he has been helpful whenever I contacted him for other matters, I truly believe the board is authentic, it's just that the tint of the font is different. Fair enough, LCD screens are not all the same and can have some slight differences. As for the menus, it looks like he customised them, probably on escribe. 

23A8B9C6-33F7-47C7-80D0-5487B48C1220_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.f25377ebda03f645cf1967249ff8e0a8.jpeg9A604946-D31A-4BEC-B14C-762E453E2497_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.75d62d38d3f2171d47bd139e84e93737.jpeg

C9916753-28E2-456F-B132-C689B7CA3FF6_1_105_c.jpeg

383FA11D-DA0E-44A7-8703-6A5F55EBD1B0_1_105_c.jpeg