Charge percentage is off

hill115side

Not many folks have a 4 cell 250C.   Your cell 3 seems to be out of balance in the screenshot.    You might compare this CSV file to your CSV.  Save your battery CSV file and load this one (attached file) if you want to see if that helps or you can run battery analyzer to create a CSV for that battery pack..  Screenshot of my 4 cell 250C while still charging:

Untitled.thumb.png.6a09223c8937e1a83779139f3e1d8493.png

4cellcsv.csv

The 70% peak may be a CSV file thing but the balance  issue may be a battery internal thing or a charger circuit thing in the device. But you say you can externally charge the battery and it is balanced at 100%.

Screenshot of my 4 cell completely charged in the device.  Shows 99%  charge reading.  My Battery is not the same one as yours.

Untitled.thumb.png.44bdb106fbd76d68b55ddd308dce475a.png

SUCCESS, the pack is now fully charged and balanced.  After I removed the pack from the mod, it still would not balance charge on the external balance charger.   What I did was discharge the pack to the storage voltage level (3.8) and started a balance charge again, that seems to have done the trick. 

Hope this helps someone else that has a similar issue. 

image.png

image.png

Edited by hill115side

Great you got it sorted out... but it would be good to keep the battery in the device, use it till it gets to the point it needs to be charged,  and charge it within the device to make sure the charging circuit balance charges the battery up to 99% again....... 😉

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I had the same thing happen on my new boards, I thought it was BC I wasn't running a ground (aluminum case, board is grounded to case) so I added a ground and it didn't help. Then I set the mod settings to the correct 2 18650's and uploaded and it works perfectly.