Orion Go upgrade to Orion Plus

fwa

6 hours ago, TimmyW said:

Well I cheated. I did Windows Parallel on the wife’s computer for a 15 day trail period. I am up and running the proper firmware and software updates. I even unchecked the third tab to low the 1.0 ohm pods. 

Might have to invest in Windows Parallel and keep it on the wife’s computer. 

I'm on a Mac, have had Parallels for awhile now - this is how I was able to upgrade my Orions as well, worked perfectly!

Apparently I’ve done something REALLY wrong. I followed all instructions exactly as given, and now I can’t get my device to fire. I’ve NEVER had any issues with it up to this point. After I did the upgrade, my device won’t turn on or fire. I can hook it up to escribe, I can even use the device monitor, but the fire button won’t even work on that screen, let alone the fire button on the device itself. Just a light purple light whenever I press anything. This has been my favorite device, I feel lost without it. Please help! I tried to do the install instructions all over again, and also tried to do the “restore defaults” option on the “general”tab. I also tried both the hard and soft reboot options under tools. 

24 minutes ago, aimfire72 said:

Did you try clicking the Replay button 5 times to unlock it?

3 minutes ago, aimfire72 said:

Haha, no problem dude. I've noticed after playing around in Escribe and uploading my new/changed settings, the Orion will sometimes auto-lock itself. Threw me off first time it happened too, lol. 

Thanks for trying to help me scrape my dignity off of the floor...you're top notch.  I'd just recently started using eScribe, and was so impressed that I went out and bought a DNA 60 mod...then a 75...then a 200/250, but the eScribe software is still super intimidating.  I thought for SURE I'd bricked my favorite pod-style device, I'm OK with it just being my brain that misfired.  Thanks again @aimfire72.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hope they update the app for mac soon. also, hope they add an option to upgrade to the plus without having to go back & forth in folders. kind of like when there is a firmware update, and it just ask if you would like to update. that would be nice. maybe its just too new. weird escribe isn't quite ready. loving my plus tho. :D ready to update my original dna's. also, wonder if we will get a best settings guide. like, i always set my boost to 0, on the dna, and the warmth to 1. not sure if i should do it with the plus, yet.

I  have the new plus pods, updated dna go to go plus, set all the coil resistances but because the new coil .5 is the same as the old .5 it just uses the old setting and not the new setting which needs more wattage. So I  dont see the point  of the new profiles when they dont work anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually you have been able to change how many power levels you can have for awhile.

In Escrib, options >user interface >manufacturer(I would suggest researcher if you're new) and change profiles to 5(max). However since that is default now of the Plus it doesn't matter much anymore. Just be careful there is a reason this is hidden by default. However you can safely increase your puff time to 12s(under researcher or manufacturer/saftey. I've been running it for over a year safely.  The biggest update is ability to have 4 atomizer profiles, which you can set to easily accept the q coils if you'd want that (again this was available back before the q came out of you knew where to look. Im excited to find out what else they update

• 1 month later...

I really wish they would have allowed Mac to update the device by now. I understand it may take longer for Mac because of Apple certification and now the lack of 32 bit support with Catalina. But I believe EScribe is 64 bit (because it still works) and “should” be able to simply update the device. I love my Orion DNA but a week and a half after I bought it this update became available and I have been waiting for a chance to update it. When I emailed support all I got was “we are pushing our engineering team to release Mac version. Could you ask shop for help?”     I don’t know of many shops that have a windows pc there to update devices,  just an iPad register.  Not to mention the FDA stopping shops from touching customers devices for liability reasons. and if they did, would I be able to change setting on my older version of escribe? luckily I can use the Orion plus mesh coils without updating.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 10:25 AM, l3iohazard said:

I really wish they would have allowed Mac to update the device by now. I understand it may take longer for Mac because of Apple certification and now the lack of 32 bit support with Catalina. But I believe EScribe is 64 bit (because it still works) and “should” be able to simply update the device. I love my Orion DNA but a week and a half after I bought it this update became available and I have been waiting for a chance to update it. When I emailed support all I got was “we are pushing our engineering team to release Mac version. Could you ask shop for help?”     I don’t know of many shops that have a windows pc there to update devices,  just an iPad register.  Not to mention the FDA stopping shops from touching customers devices for liability reasons. and if they did, would I be able to change setting on my older version of escribe? luckily I can use the Orion plus mesh coils without updating.   

People have reported that they have updated with SP19 successfully. All you need to do is follow the steps, but skip the one for installing SP20 and just install the official Escribe for Mac from Evolv's website.

You will get all the new 5 profiles for both 0.5 and 0.25 coils but you will be missing on the ability to add extra third and fourth pod detection (can confirm this is the case for my device as well on my SP19 install). I find that feature very nice, but if you only use the 0.5 and 0.25 ohm coils, you won't care for this

If you want to get this feature as well, you can use VirtualBox (free) or other similar VM software to quickly enable and configure those profiles. After that you can delete the apps and VM if you want to save space. You can just download Windows officially from their website, it has a trial period so it won't require a purchase in the time you'll do this.

Edited by siegmour

• 2 months later...