Lost vape triade dna250c not re-sampling room temp

HEAVEN

Ok so dose anyone here, who owns a lost vape triade dna 250c have a problem with it not              re-sampling room temp after being left idle for 15 minutes or more.

to test this 

Use a theme where it can view room temp, 

Do not plug it in to a computer or place it on charge!

Fire the mod, and take note of the room temp.

Leave the mod idle for 20min or more.( DO NOT TOUCH IT)

After 20min check it the room temp is fluctuating.

The reason I ask is because I have now purchased two lost vape triades dna250c 's 

from two different sellers and they have both had the same problem.

and I just want to see if anyone else possibly has this problem.

thanks for your time

Edited by HEAVEN

Well ................ I'd really suggest you open a Help Desk ticket. Link in my sig.

Longer answer.

Yes, it does sorta get stuck. Right after a soft or hard reboot or powering down it will work again UNTIL you hit the fire button, then it sticks again for a while. This is not a hardware issue with your Triade. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did open a ticket, we did some troubleshooting but long story short nothing worked.

At the end the support agent asked me what I want to do. I was think I will send it away for a new one and see if the new one works.

That was part of the reason why I put this up. if it's an issue that a lot of people are having ,then it might not be any point in trying to get a new one. As like you said it might be a software problem.

but the support agent did say that he was unable to recreate the problem  that I was having.

But for me to end up with the only two vape's out of thousands that have this problem, from two different sellers. 

I must be really unlucky.

but you're right short of doing a soft or hard reboot or taking the battery out and powering down, The only other way's to get it working is to leave it on charge or plugged into your computer for more than 15 minutes.

I suspected it might be a software issue and not a hardware, but idk.

I run case analyzer,. After leaving the mod sit overnight for over eight hours. Updated to the latest firmware, but nothing has changed.

anyway thanks for taking your time to do this and your feedback.

No, As I said in the first two line of my post. it's not resampling room temperature at all, after 20min. I can leave my mod sit for 8 hours, an the room temperature never resamples. 

Eg,

Mod room temperature is fluctuating between 21.1c and 21.5c on the mod. I fire the mod, room temperature now no longer fluctuates on the mod and it is sitting at 21.4c,I leave the mod sit idle for 8 hours. room temperature is still not fluctuating on the mod and still sitting at 21.4c.  Even though my ambient temperature is now changed from 21c to 30c

When it is sampling room temperature it is very accurate, but to get it to ReSample room temperature as it should is my problem. 

Edited by HEAVEN

Cording to the technical support help here at the help desk, the mod ( lost vape triade dna250c) should resample room temperature, 15 minutes after being left idol.

I'm trying to see how many other people have this problem with this particular mod ( lost vape triade dna250c  ).

Edited by HEAVEN

• 10 months later...

Hi, my vtbox 250c has the same problem/behavior. When it is charging the room temperature it is resampled correctly, when I disconnect the power the room temperature is still updating regularly but as soon as I start vaping the room temperature stops updating and no matter how much I left it in idle the room temperature remains the same. The only method to update the room temperature again is to replug the charging cable. It's obviously a firmware bug as the room temperature is accurate and works well in certain conditions. It's also sad because is more than a year that we don't receive a firmware update and there are still bugs to be addressed and room for improvements especially in tc scenarios. It's a very good board but in some specific cases the old non color boards seem to work better and for a high end product and price it's a shame as it could be perfect. I hope evolv is not giving up and will push some fixes or improvements soon...

В 13.04.2019 в 07:44, HEAVEN сказал:

Я пытаюсь увидеть, сколько других людей имеют эту проблему с этим конкретным модом (потерянная vape triade dna250c).

Я улыбаюсь от Вашего непонимания сути устройств DNA!!!

Товарищи не забывайте, что у Вас в Руках не термометр. Мод использует комнатную температуру для определения параметров катушки, только при замене катушки. Зачем Вам делать из платы DNA градусник для измерения температуры комнаты, гораздо умнее купить термометр, если Вы так переживаете за комнатную температуру (к стати в некоторых themes температуру холодной катушки можно корректировать вручную)!

За полтора года использования Triade DNA250c мне ни разу не понадобилось измерять температуру комнаты с помощью мода, но множество раз я менял температуру холодной катушки вручную, для достижения наилучшего Vape.

Печать.jpg

19 minuti fa, zark ha scritto:

Я улыбаюсь от Вашего непонимания сути устройств DNA!!!

Товарищи не забывайте, что у Вас в Руках не термометр. Мод использует комнатную температуру для определения параметров катушки, только при замене катушки. Зачем Вам делать из платы DNA градусник для измерения температуры комнаты, гораздо умнее купить термометр, если Вы так переживаете за комнатную температуру (к стати в некоторых themes температуру холодной катушки можно корректировать вручную)!

За полтора года использования Triade DNA250c мне ни разу не понадобилось измерять температуру комнаты с помощью мода, но множество раз я менял температуру холодной катушки вручную, для достижения наилучшего Vape.

Печать.jpg

We don't need the dna as a thermometer but as you said the room temperature is important when vaping in tc. If the box doesn't update the room temperature when changing coil the results can be less accurate. I know that we can manually change the cold temp but then what is the point to have a room temperature sensor if it doesn't work well?

1 час назад, Lisko сказал:

но тогда какой смысл иметь датчик комнатной температуры, если он не работает ?

Температура в помещении определяется настолько не корректно, что я бы предпочел вводить этот параметр вручную. 

1 час назад, Lisko сказал:

комнатная температура очень важна при вейпинге в тс

Я бы так не сказал, многие моды не измеряют температуру воздуха и имеют хорошие результаты в TC. Этот параметр очень важен для точной настройки, но обратите внимание, что при корректировке сопротивления катушки также автоматически изменяется и холодное сопротивление , то есть эти параметры очень важны для точной настройки, но не очень критичны для работы мода (ИМХО)

К тому же на моей Triade DNA250c при замене катушки всегда отображается +/- нормальная температура воздуха, и если меня не устраивают автоматические настройки катушки, я вручную корректирую комнатную температуру и  сопротивление катушки.

Вы обсуждаете неточности показаний в +/-0,3-1,0  ° С, при этом используете температуру в +250 ° С и выше. Неточность измерений комнатной температуры ничтожна по сравнению с температурой Vape, по этому не тратьте время и нервы на поиск истины (это бесполезно без участия разработчиков Evolv)

Но в целом я согласен , более стабильное измерение температуры воздуха в помещении нужно, но не критично.

Печать.jpg

Edited by zark

@zark Comrade, when Case Analyzer is run, the only question asked is what is the current temperature. After each heating and cooling period it shows temp differential. Using their algorithm evolv can estimate/calculate the room temp as an offset from board temp. Look at all the different values for Thermals

There is only 1 board temp sensor on the 2xx series of boards.

• Thanks 2