DNA 250c Paranormal/dead rabbit rta - Noob questions - wire/build tips

Carl sayers

49 минут назад, Carl sayers сказал:

I have tryed this with ss 316l 26 ga but all i get is black wire after a day with like a bit of black bits in my cotton i just dont no what im doing wrong

I see that you get overheating coil. Try switching to thermo control and see what power is optimal for your coil. In Replay mode, you need to use about the same power +/-.

2 минуты назад, Carl sayers сказал:

Yer i have used it in temp mode on 280c ???and still doing it thats why i wonted someone to tell me what wire and ga to use and a temp what is good so i can eliminate this problem 

I do not speak English and I find it difficult to understand you, but the problem is not wire, but in the settings of Replay (resistance, power) and the atomizer (wick, airflow, fluid supply)

@Carl sayers

Hi, I see you have some difficulties ... May I ask you what is your native language ?

Then I like to know which Data you can provide about your coil build.

-Ohms reading ?

- Single or Dual Coil ? what Material ? normal round wire or something "fancy" like "triple core double twisted clapton".... or so... ?

- what settings you have on the profile of your Mod (Paranormal 250C) (Temp setting, Power setting, Warmth, Punch, Preheat) ?

I already can tell you that your Temperature is MUCH too high ! When you want to use a "safe" setting for vaping (especially when you want to try TC) your Temp should NOT exceed 250°C (That is the Temp when Cotton will start burning !)

But without the other data I asked about, it is difficult to give you a better advice yet.

For your question about the wire, it would help if you can tell what you were vaping before, or what your preferences are (warm, cool vape, cloud-chaser or flavour-chaser, what other coils/atomizers do you use ?)

For example (would be great if you answer looks like this!):

I am a flavour-chaser, so for clouds I don't care, I normally vape within a range of 0.2 ohms (dripper/rda) and 0.5 ohms (tank/rta), I don't like hot vape, so my average Temp is around 225-235°C.

I normally use TC with standard round wire (SS304 or 316L) with 0.3 mm (28AWG/Gauge) or 0.4 mm (26 AWG/Gauge). I use single and dual coils.

My favourite Dual-Coil is my Aromamizer (23mm) with standard round dual SS316L (26 AWG) and 2.5 mm diameter, 7 wraps, reading 0.2 Ohms, running in TC with 40 Watts and a Temp of 235°C.

My favourite Single-Coil is  in my GT IV (25 mm) with the same wire, diameter 3 mm, 6 wraps, reading 0.4 Ohms, running in TC with 20 Watts, Temp 235°C.

If it helps I speak english, german and a little spanish...

For help on coil-building this is a great website (https://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html)

Just choose the correct material, set AWG, Single or Dual, Target Resistance and Diamenter, and it tells you how many wraps and which Power

you need. You can check you current coil for errors too... just enter the data of your coil. Then you see if some data/setting is wrong on your mod.

Ok, so the wire is standard round, and you made 2 twisted coils wich give you 0.15 ohms in total, that gives us 0.3 ohms for each single coil (I assume they are both identical=same number of wraps).

(I hope you watched some coil making videos on youtube to avoid the beginners errors).

I also assume you have no hotspots (you can google that on youtube too).

We still need more information, for example how many wraps/turns did you make on your coils ? 4 ? 5 ? 7 ?

The "Twist-pitch" would be interesting to know (that is the distance between a full round of one strand of wire... google that too if you don't know or confused)

The "problem" with the calculation is that the wire-diameter is not the same as with a single wire (unfortunately it is also NOT the double of it). So we have to "guess" here a little bit...

I tried to fill the "blanks" and came out with this:

https://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html?mat=ss316l&p=roundmulti&tp=5&s=dp&r=0.15&str=2&awg=29&id=2

When you open that link you get to that coil calculation page I told you before.

Check the data and correct it if you know it (like the number of wraps, but that you can only adjust indirectly by changing the Gauge/AWG or the pitch or the inner diameter)

With a lot of guessing and the little info you gave me I come up with about 37 Watts (if you have 5 wraps on each coil and a pitch of 5mm and a diameter of 2 mm, wich I all "guessed", if you have other values, pls correct them).

Try 40 Watts and see if you are OK with the vape... adjust up or down but not more than 5 Watt-steps ... be patient ;-)

For that standard round wire you should not need preheat.

Make shure that you set the correct material in your mod/escribe, and then start testing with 40 Watts....

If you like a simpler solution make a standard round single wire coil without twisting ! That makes things much easier ;-)

It also doesn't matter if its spaced or touching, only spaced coils are easier to handle because you don't have to worry about the hotspots.

And last, I think 0.15 ohms is way too low ! Lots of mods will give up below 0.2 ohms.

Try to make this one:

https://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html?mat=ss316l&tp=5&s=dp&r=0.2&awg=26&id=3

Its same material, single wire dual coil, 3 mm diameter, 0.4 ohms each which gives you 0.2 ohms total, running at 35-40  watts.

Tell me if you still have problems, or if my advice solved your problems ;-)

Here are some good YT videos about building on the dead rabbit rta:

(don't worry about the coils, they all use big fancy coils, but that is NOT the point... they kind of have to so the movie looks better, hehe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm0yE7sZ9mU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmd3wsJ9SW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92lAr_jAtT4 (he got 0.16 ohms and is running it on 60 Watts, but its a thick, fancy coil)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNedbttSDsk (he got 0.1 ohms and is running on 70 Watts, also fancy coil)

As I said, you don't need these kind of coils, you can get the same with normal round wires. They just "look" better ;-)

Of course you can spend money on pre-made coils like this... welcome to capitalism... like you can spend a lot of money on juice, or cars, .... you get the picture ?

But basically we all want to stop smoking, and maybe also save some money for other things... right ?

17 minutes ago, Carl sayers said:

Okay thank u very much for yr help i will build this tomorrow 

and last question were it say 40 watts is this on reply mode or in temp mode is so what degrees c shall i set it too and last question for that build how many wraps will i need to get 0.2 ohm at 3mm

Hey, fast man ;-))

Ok, 40 watts is 40 watts,... when you choose the material (ss316l) you get automatically into TC mode (otherwise choose Watt Mode), as TC is material-based !

Replay is just to "RE-PLAY" the last puff, because you liked it so much ! It has basically nothing to do with TC (but it will not work with Non-TC material).

So, set material to ss316l, set 40 watts, Temp to 230°C, and try... if you like it, set replay. If you think its too hot, go down with watts, if its too cool or doesn't vape much, go up with watts.

Then, if you like it, not too hot, not too cold, and you taste the flavour of the juice (no guarantee for that, I think I tried >100 different liquids and most are terrible), THEN set replay !

Fine-tune it with Punch (=Throat-Kick) and Warmth (=Warmth of the vape).

About the Temp setting: That depends on your taste and on the kind of liquid.

Some Info here: https://vaping360.com/best-vape-mods/temperature-control/

Different flavours like different temperatures, fruit, or bakery, or mint, or....

In general, don't go above 250°C, as that is the Temp when the cotton will start burning...

I think I got a list somewhere....

Enjoy 😉

image.png

Edited by Lanzarotechris
forgot something important ;-)

• Wayneo changed the title to DNA 250c Paranormal/dead rabbit rta - Noob questions - wire/build tips