First DNA device advice needed - Triade DNA 250

MohKha

Hi all,

I've just purchased my first DNA device and liking it so far however I have noticed a couple of things which I need help/clarification on.

1) The battery seems to be discharging very quickly. I am using 3 married Samsung 25rs (not old). Fully charged on an external charger. Currently running an RTA at 90w but every pull I take  reduces the battery by 1% so I get around 100 pulls before the battery is dead. This seems really strange! Hope someone cal help. The soft cut off in escribe is showing 3.09v. 

2) Using the same RTA at 90w and comparing between my old Modefined Lyra mod and the Triade, the Lyra hits far more harder at 90w compared to the Triade. I have to increase the wattage to 100w to get a similar experience to that of the Lyra at 90w. Again this seems strange to me.

3) At 90w when hitting the fire button the display shows 57w for around 0.5s and then goes to 90w. Can someone explain why it doesnt go straight to 90w?

Many Thanks!

11 minutes ago, MohKha said:

Currently running an RTA at 90w but every pull I take  reduces the battery by 1% so I get around 100 pulls before the battery is dead

Batteries talk in volts, but you can see their performance in Device Monitor. Only Click/select cell 1-3 and post a full printscreen while firing. you might want to lower your cell soft cutoff to 2.7-3V

I already answered your question 3. Live display.

19 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Batteries talk in volts, but you can see their performance in Device Monitor. Only Click/select cell 1-3 and post a full printscreen while firing. you might want to lower your cell soft cutoff to 2.7-3V

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll post a full print screen this evening. 

1 hour ago, Wayneo said:

Any idea on my second question? Someone mentioned that some mod manufacturers 'over power' their chips. I would think that the reason they do this is to have a similar experience to something like a DNA chip, so I would expect a 'over powered' chip and a DNA chip to hit fairly equal at the same wattage? 

18 minutes ago, retird said:

Normally in my experience DNA chips are more accurate than others....  Why not just set the dna to a wattage that gives you what you want... comparing dna chips to non DNA chips is like apples to oranges...

Fair point.

Its just that my understanding was that DNA chips give a 'true' wattage, whereas other 'cheaper' mods/chips  don't.  So reviewers most of the time compare against a DNA chip mentioning things like  X mod at 90w is more like 85w on a DNA device. Based on that my understanding was a DNA device would feel more powered compared to a non DNA.

4 hours ago, Wayneo said:

screenshot of device monitor attached

Device Monitor.png

1 hour ago, Wayneo said:

@MohKha Thanks, your batteries appear to be firing evenly, that's a good thing. Here's your printscreen back with a few notes on it for you. No need to repost it back here. And maybe you can find a Lyra forum to ask all those other questions.

moh2.png

Thanks for the notes. 

I have one more question. I'm trying to run the battery analyzer as per instructions in the link provided above. 

Batteries are showing as fully charged on my nitecore and on the triade but when trying to start the battery analyzer it just says 'waiting to be fully charged'

5 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Good, I didn't go that link. Ideally, you've built a coil as a few loops of straight wire that look like tennis balls, and you have a fan blowing on them

I've built it as shown in the link. just one loop of 22awg kanthal. Its reading at 0.57 ohms and im running the test at 40w. Test has been running for 10mins and the battery is already down to 70%.

3 hours ago, zark said:

My test lasted 5 hours. After the test, battery performance increased by 40%. You have battery problem or modular charging. The DNA first charges the battery to full charge, and then the discharge begins.

Печать.jpg

My test lasted around 2.5 hours. The funny thing was the battery level went down to 0% after about 45 minutes and then remained at 9% for the remainder of the test. 

This should hopefully fix the problem I was getting with the battery percentage dropping so quick. I think this was more of a visual than actual battery drain so updating the battery profile following the battery analyzer test should fix it. Will report back.