Replay Issues

Droopydroors

Here are some things I'm noticing about replay that are not good in a pod system.   Im sure over time they will be fixed but this is what im noticing now.   So i put a new pod on two days ago.  While using the device with the .25 ohm pod and the blue setting which is set to 13 watts with a 2 watt boost and replay "warmth" ( which still doesnt make sense if its supposed to replay the last hit ) set at 3 I was getting burnt hits.   So just like always i set the device on the middle setting and started hitting it until i got the hit i liked then i put it in replay mode.   But periodically during the day it would just give me a burnt hit which if you are familiar with pods a burnt hit is not good because it will most likely mean you need a new pod even though i just started using this one!!.. So when i got home i hooked it up to escribe and pulled up device manager and it showed the problem on the first hit.  For some reason while in replay it was pushing 25 watts to the coil at start up and dropping to 13 watts after about .3 seconds.    This is way over any setting that i have ever set the device.   So for now i will not be using replay till these issues get worked out because these pods are not cheap and if they are only lasting for 3 days they become expensive!!   So just something i figured would be useful if anyone else is having this issue.

Also another thing that is an issue maybe.  If you take the pod out and put it back in while its still warm the cold ohms will be alot higher than it should be.   So make sure the pod is at room temperature before turning the device on or putting the pod in.  Im not sure if the cold ohms adjust after a certain amount of time of non use.   Also i dropped the replay "warmth" down to 1 and it seems like its not jumping above the set point.  So maybe this is a quick fix.

On 9/26/2018 at 7:01 PM, Droopydroors said:

Also another thing that is an issue maybe.  If you take the pod out and put it back in while its still warm the cold ohms will be alot higher than it should be.   So make sure the pod is at room temperature before turning the device on or putting the pod in.  Im not sure if the cold ohms adjust after a certain amount of time of non use.   Also i dropped the replay "warmth" down to 1 and it seems like its not jumping above the set point.  So maybe this is a quick fix.

I haven't found this matters if the coil is hot or cold. It also doesn't matter on the 75C/250C using Replay under wattage either. Replay/wattage is clueless about TFR/TCR and cold resistance. All it knows is what Replay's coil resistance is supposed to be at which you had locked it in.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yea I'm getting burnt hits after 4 days of use. Not vaping hard either. It's really harsh cannot use pod have to discard to avoid the burnt taste. Also with even a new pod, cannot use blue setting very long without getting the burnt hit, having to go to white right away. These are too expensive to change out after 4-5 days. Does anyone know the remidy? Does using escribe help? What do I do?

Could be many things.  If  what you say is the white setting works then use it. No need to go to blue.  Could be a wicking issue with your juice and the pod. Could be that your vape frequency doesn't let the pod wick properly or maybe the wicking in the pod is too tight.  What is the power setting for blue and for white settings in your device?

9 hours ago, Bills said:

Yea I'm getting burnt hits after 4 days of use. Not vaping hard either. It's really harsh cannot use pod have to discard to avoid the burnt taste. Also with even a new pod, cannot use blue setting very long without getting the burnt hit, having to go to white right away. These are too expensive to change out after 4-5 days. Does anyone know the remidy? Does using escribe help? What do I do?

Have you used Escribe with your Orion? If you have not I highly recommend that you do. I was also getting only a few days with the pods and it was frustrating because I really like the device, and the pods are not cheap. But once I went into Escribe and played with the settings I have been getting MUCH longer life out of the pods. Personally I set the boost all the way to zero on every setting, and the warmth setting to the lowest which is 1. I also played with the wattage's a little.  The boost and warmth setting that are set by the manufacture are just too high for the pods. Definitely go into Escribe though, it makes a big difference.