DNA 166 show always "Check Battery", dont charge and dont work

Nembo

Hi guys,

This is my first post, i write from Italy.

Since last night my electronic cigarette stopped working unexpectedly.
I did not do anything special, but suddenly it started to show "Check Battery", I changed the batteries but nothing.
Now the e-cig only turns on if connected to the USB and if I press fire it always says "Check Battery". Without USB as soon as you leave the fire button goes out.

I used escribe to try to understand something and it seems as if the batteries are not properly recognized. In "Device Monitor" with fully charged batteries I see that I am marking a cell at 5.2 Volts and the other at 0 Volts.
I tried to restart it several times, to reload the firmware, to set 3 cells, 2 cells but nothing.
The only thing that works is to set the battery as "Power Supply" but in this way (in addition to all the danger warnings) nothing works besides the fire ....

Do you have any idea how I could do to resolve the situation?
Taking care not to discharge the cells beyond a certain voltage, are there any real risks using "Power Supply"?

Thanks so much,
Daniele.

• 1 month later...

Sucks this forum has a lot of views and no replies...wish I could help I'm having the same issue my device also reads charged batteries as zero and turns of its effin annoying also on device monitor the cell voltage reading is off and not the same weird  because my batteries are married have u fixed your vape yet ? How did u fix it ?

14 hours ago, Jesus13 said:

Sucks this forum has a lot of views and no replies...wish I could help I'm having the same issue my device also reads charged batteries as zero and turns of its effin annoying also on device monitor the cell voltage reading is off and not the same weird  because my batteries are married have u fixed your vape yet ? How did u fix it ?

Unfortunately I solved by buying a new box with YiHi circuit 
13 hours ago, Wayneo said:

@Nembo Open a trouble ticket with Evolv. They will guide you. From your description, the battery management chip is gone/blown. 

Thanks buddy, can you please give me the link to start the procedure?

• 5 weeks later...

Lost Vape Therion 166 DNA 167 Box Mod - Check Battery error

Getting the same error. Tried new batteries and nothing.Captura.thumb.PNG.52227ed37ca661b13c8720d6e7ed8e3e.PNG

I changed the settings of the Battery to "Power Supply", when doing so, and disconnecting the appliance from power source, the vape puffs as usual, the only difference is I do not see the battery percentage and batteries do not charge (I can change the battery percentage from Diagnostics, just will just be a esthetic change). Set it back to Lithium Polymer, 2 cells, and again, "Check Battery" error.

Do not want to use it set to "power supply" as I am not sure if it will be dangerous, if it will harm the batteries, appliance, etc.

Opened a Ticker already, but had no response yet.

If anyone has any ideas, I am welcome to hear them. I will let you know If I find something new.

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2018 at 1:02 PM, eNteL said:

Lost Vape Therion 166 DNA 167 Box Mod - Check Battery error

Getting the same error. Tried new batteries and nothing.Captura.thumb.PNG.52227ed37ca661b13c8720d6e7ed8e3e.PNG

I changed the settings of the Battery to "Power Supply", when doing so, and disconnecting the appliance from power source, the vape puffs as usual, the only difference is I do not see the battery percentage and batteries do not charge (I can change the battery percentage from Diagnostics, just will just be a esthetic change). Set it back to Lithium Polymer, 2 cells, and again, "Check Battery" error.

Do not want to use it set to "power supply" as I am not sure if it will be dangerous, if it will harm the batteries, appliance, etc.

Opened a Ticker already, but had no response yet.

If anyone has any ideas, I am welcome to hear them. I will let you know If I find something new.

Wanted to give you some follow up on this.
With the ticket opened, after troubleshooting,  had to send my mod to get fixed. As soon as it got to evolv in a couple of days was already up and working, got it back a few days later. If you have this same issue, I really recommend opening a ticket, they will work with you to help you as much as they can. If not in the US, they will guide you on who to contact if you need to send your mod for repairs.
Best luck!

• Like 1