ThinkVape Finder DNA250C - power cuts off after temp protect message

stanere

Hi there,

I recently got dna250c Finder and it spotted weird behavior while working in temp control. Sometimes it ramps up just fine, sometimes it shows "Temp protect" and after this message the power instantly cuts off (as when you stop pressing the button, graphs look just like that).

I tried two tanks (vgod elite rdta and reload rta) with various SS316 (vandyvapes/geekvapes/xkfm) builds in range from 0.09 Ohm to 0.40 Ohm - always the same, meanwhile older paranormal 166 works normally in tc with the same builds.

Is it common problem with 250c? Are there any ideas what to tweak to fix it?

Regards

• Confused 1

• stanere changed the title to ThinkVape Finder DNA250C - power cuts off after temp protect message
  • 2 months later...

I just got into temp control using SS316L... always wanted a dna.... this new chip convinced me to spend the extra cash....

I'm having the same problem.

Both 75c and 250c are doing it.

At times the message throttling shows as soon as the fire button is pressed.

If I keep pressing it the message will go away the work for a bit...

Other times you can see the watts won't pass 8W then reads temp protect... cottons wet.... oh yeah

Check the cotton its drenched.

Checked the posts... all are tight...

What's happening?

Not vaping  nothing crazy....

45 W / 440F

0.1 ohm twisted dual coil on a drop.

I’m a long time temp control vaper (almost as soon as the technology came out) and I only get this behavior on my first DNA250C (Think Vape Finder) but not on any of my DNA75C (including a Think Vape Finder 75C. 

After I bought I plugged it into my PC and use Escribe to upload all my settings (materials, profiles and theme). I detected that something was strange on escribe since I cannot see all tabs (I always use the manufacturer view) and the profiles I’ve uploaded using temp sensing materials don’t show the degrees but only the watts. I enter the temp using the mods menu. 

I do believe that Evolv set them all for replay and it doesn’t matter if I uncheck the replay box or not. 

If I’m not doing anything wrong I believe Evolv forgot all the temp control only vapers (like me) and this chip needs a firmware upgrade. I’m truly disappointed with the 250C and I’m returning to my 75C. 

I wish someone from Evolv could read this and enlight us on the subject. 

BTW, I’m using the international version of Escribe. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, a_sane3 said:

hi 

i have same issue did any body find a solution?

thank you

So Evolve support replied to my ticket:

This is definitely a resistance stability issue with the 510 that can likely be resolved. This however is not technically a DNA board issue.

Due to the cost of shipping we are unable to accept complete devices or boards for repair and/or RMA outside the USA. If you require repair service for a complete device or boards outside of the USA Stealth Vape is the official contact for Evolv's RMA service outside of the USA.

Nothing much, seems like the board itself is fine and the device is faulty.

Hey @stanere, quoting your quote 'This is definitely a resistance stability issue with the 510 that can likely be resolved.', I'd suggest you start by looking at the ground connection from your 510 all the way to the board. Clean threads from the 510 threading to a solid solder joint on the board.

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2018 at 4:48 PM, stanere said:

So Evolve support replied to my ticket:

Nothing much, seems like the board itself is fine and the device is faulty.

This seems like bullshit. There is a 3 page thread covering this and the throttling becomes worse depending on what theme you're using. Your 510 doesn't give a crap about what theme is being used and yet there are all those users dealing with that very problem. 

• 2 months later...

I bought another DNA250C mode (Triade), same problems.

After another long chat with Evolv support I found freshly published firmware for 250c:

Fixed spurious Temperature Protected errors that could crop up in certain high-CPU themes with Replay off.

Viola, 1.1 SP38 for now fixed this bug, I haven't tested it for a long time, but so far so good with two completely different builds.

Hope this fix can help others who was bothered by this bug.

Edited by stanere
grammar

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
8 minutes ago, Dirone said:

Has this stood up to the test of time?

Just got a Drone and having this issue. 

Please advise :)

Yep, it worked without any problem with Finder 250c and Triade 250c until I stopped to use TC (in favor of nexmesh). Have you updated Drone's firmware in Escribe? 

I am not to sure what firmware I am on to be honest. I think the stock on the drone doesn't have that info.

I am hoping this fixes when I get home. I also have a feeling it could be my coil. My coil that usually reads .48-.51 is reading like .60 .70.

So hopefully between switching my coil and making sure I am on this software, hopefully should alleviate this issue.

I stocked up on these Drones because Strikes USA are blowing them out cheap. Could be a QC issue haha. 

Is this link like the whole suite or is it just  a service pack? 

Just now, Dirone said:

I am not to sure what firmware I am on to be honest. I think the stock on the drone doesn't have that info.

I am hoping this fixes when I get home. I also have a feeling it could be my coil. My coil that usually reads .48-.51 is reading like .60 .70.

So hopefully between switching my coil and making sure I am on this software, hopefully should alleviate this issue.

I stocked up on these Drones because Strikes USA are blowing them out cheap. Could be a QC issue haha. 

Is this link like the whole suite or is it just  a service pack? 

For now just try to update with regular Escribe:

https://www.evolvapor.com/escribe