What dictates which fields will be visible on the screenshots on the website?

I have many fields/images/gauges on the theme that are either visible or hidden depending on whether the current profile is TC, VW or Replay. 

The screenshots that are generated when I upload a file seems like were generated using a TC profile active. Similarly the screenshots on the right on Theme Designer always uses a TC profile even if the default states of my elements are set up for a Replay profile.

Can I dictate what fields will be visible in the screenshots? 

I like the replay layout more than any other profile layout on one of my themes. I'm trying to have the replay layout visible in the screenshots instead of TC layout.

Thanks!

I'm curious too. On my theme the screenshots show it in battery charging mode (green battery icons), AND in Replay mode but on a theme with Replay disabled. Very strange. 

I originally thought how it works is the last tab on the conditionals page is what will be displayed. For instance, I have my battery field has three tabs, one for normal (where battery icon is white), one for low battery, and one for charging (where it is green). Since the charging condition was last, I figured that 's why it was displaying. But I switched it around and it didn't change the screenshot. And since most of my home screen is conditional (TC vs. watt vs. Replay), in the screenshot it basically looks empty. 

I have determined with user toggles (if you are using them), that if you want something to display by default, you have to use the toggle to hide something, not to display it. E.g. I have a toggle on the Time page that turns on/off time and date from the lock screen.  I originally had the toggle enable date/time if they were checked, but then by default when loading the theme (or in screenshots), the time/date wouldn't appear. So I changed it so the toggle HIDES the date/time, and that fixed it. Now date and time are shown by default, and do appear in the screenshots. Not sure if this applies to anything outside of user toggle stuff though. 

I have some questions too.

I have not uploaded a theme yet and wanted to know when you upload a theme does it display the screen images like they are on the right side of Theme Designer?

Can you upload images from the computer to supplement those images or do you need to use an image hosting site?  Or can you not upload separate images at all?

I'm in the same place as SirTimmyTimbit as the main screen looks completely different depending on whether it is in watts, tc or replay mode. Also several screens show nothing because all the fields start from a hidden condition and change state depending on the mode.

Thanks in advance... JT

20 minutes ago, Jetro said:

I have some questions too.

I have not uploaded a theme yet and wanted to know when you upload a theme does it display the screen images like they are on the right side of Theme Designer?

Can you upload images from the computer to supplement those images or do you need to use an image hosting site?  Or can you not upload separate images at all?

I'm in the same place as SirTimmyTimbit as the main screen looks completely different depending on whether it is in watts, tc or replay mode. Also several screens show nothing because all the fields start from a hidden condition and change state depending on the mode.

Thanks in advance... JT

@Jetro It's both actually. It generates two images when you upload a theme, one of the lock screen next to the main screen, and then another image of all the screens together (like you see on the theme pages).

Now you can additionally upload images if you like, though it's difficult to take screenshots since if you take a screenshot of what is in the Theme Designer, you get all the ugly outlines and editing junk. My workaround has been to take a screenshot of the screens as they are listed on the right side of the Theme Designer, but those are the same that are auto-generated.

You can see on my theme page, the batteries are normally white but are green in the automated screenshot. I have been able to get hidden objects to appear in screenshots following the guidance I provided above. And on my theme page, since I offer two variations, I also uploaded my own screenshot of the two version I make side by side (by taking a screenshot of them in the theme designer):

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/488-clean-black-and-blue-75c250c-wreplay/

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Jetro said:

Yes

51 minutes ago, Jetro said:

Yes. You can upload photos/screenshots that can be added in the description section.

26 minutes ago, niandra3 said:

Now you can additionally upload images if you like, though it's difficult to take screenshots since if you take a screenshot of what is in the Theme Designer, you get all the ugly outlines and editing junk. My workaround has been to take a screenshot of the screens as they are listed on the right side of the Theme Designer, but those are the same that are auto-generated.

You can right click on the editing area of a theme and click "Take Screenshot". Arrange your screen the way you want by picking specific conditions and take the screenshot. It'll look just like those auto generated ones.

td.jpg

Edited by SirTimmyTimbit
  • Thanks 2

Thanks niandra3 and Mr Timbit,

That pretty much squares me away.

And I do my screen shots the same way as Mr Timbit does. They do not show the field lines. But it can be a pita to get the toggles to show the way you want. This is a screen shot taken from TD.

JT

(19) Battery Info.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SirTimmyTimbit said:

You can right click on the editing area of a theme and click "Take Screenshot". Arrange your screen the way you want by picking specific conditions and take the screenshot. It'll look just like those auto generated ones.

Oh man, this is huge. I had no idea. Thanks!!

I still don't think there is a way to change the automatically generated screenshots that are posted when you upload a theme. I guess I could be wrong...

Edited by niandra3

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 8:31 AM, niandra3 said:

I have determined with user toggles (if you are using them), that if you want something to display by default, you have to use the toggle to hide something, not to display it. E.g. I have a toggle on the Time page that turns on/off time and date from the lock screen.  I originally had the toggle enable date/time if they were checked, but then by default when loading the theme (or in screenshots), the time/date wouldn't appear. So I changed it so the toggle HIDES the date/time, and that fixed it. Now date and time are shown by default, and do appear in the screenshots. Not sure if this applies to anything outside of user toggle stuff though.

This is absolutely brilliant!!!!!

I have finally figured out how use User Toggles...........................SuWeet!!! Like you I wanted to be able to hide time and date on the lock screen at times.  Also I think i'll try them in a few other places as well.

Your theme is looking great!

Thanks much.

JT

• Like 1