Pete1burn

"Throttling"

OK, after satisfaction with DNA I'm hitting some "problem" with  TC on Titanium, it starts to be erratic feel that this morning in the car.

Like pulsating, on graphs can be seen, any idea what it is or what is the cause?

I clean rewick the coils nothing, then hit two or three temps protect, cleaned the 510 contact nothing, roll back to  SP 35 same behavior, 

Screw up another tank with SS same thing, then changed for a new SS coils and the same thing but less sensitive rattling versus on Ti. On Ti it really feels its erratic to the haven. 

Unfortunately, don't have the graph with Ti. And this is random, can star on the beginning of firing or at the end of it,

or all the time of puff, and not every puff some use to be normal.

Any idea? 

Em, I joined in the DNA TC club 😶?

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

20 hours ago, Asdfghjkl said:

Still no word on an actual fix from evolv?

Outside of them asking users to test a beta firmware I don't think they've acknowledged the issue. 

I get the impression the beta firmware was a bandaid and it's actually a hardware issue that for some reason they are trying to ignore. 

I'd love for someone at Evolve to say otherwise but considering the most popular thread around the forums is about an issue and they've made no official statement about it tells me they can't fix it and are just trying to ignore it. 

Edited by iLLNESS

For what it's worth I think if there are any design issues we can blame the US FDA for that - evolv had to finalize and sell the final design before the deeming deadline barring further changes without PMTA approval (which is unlikely except with more closed systems) which I'm guessing was met by copious crunch time... it's also why the US firmware doesn't have some features found in the INT firmware.

I can say the betas did correct most of my issues with SS though, still get the occasional 'temp protect' where it doesn't belong and any time I've run into pulsing TC it's been down to my build (ie: coil resting on the block where the grub is rather than just held by the grub, inconsistent coil spacing, things of that nature).

5 minutes ago, joeblowma said:

For what it's worth I think if there are any design issues we can blame the US FDA for that - evolv had to finalize and sell the final design before the deeming deadline barring further changes without PMTA approval (which is unlikely except with more closed systems) which I'm guessing was met by copious crunch time... it's also why the US firmware doesn't have some features found in the INT firmware.

I can say the betas did correct most of my issues with SS though, still get the occasional 'temp protect' where it doesn't belong and any time I've run into pulsing TC it's been down to my build (ie: coil resting on the block where the grub is rather than just held by the grub, inconsistent coil spacing, things of that nature).

No doubt the beta improved the throttling issue, but it's still there. For a board as high end as a DNA you'd expect it not to have phantom throttling issues which it clearly does. 

5 hours ago, iLLNESS said:

No doubt the beta improved the throttling issue, but it's still there. For a board as high end as a DNA you'd expect it not to have phantom throttling issues which it clearly does. 

You make a good point, of course, but joeblowma isn't wrong... the FDA regulations really fucked a lot of things up for vaping in the US and Evolv has to be really careful right now. I'm honestly waiting to see if they're applying for PMTA and, if so, if they get it, before seeing whether or not they're ignoring the issue. Given Evolv's history with customer support, I have a hard time believing that they're ignoring the issue on purpose, so I'm thinking the radio silence has to do with, at least in the part, the FDA...

Edited by NateHevens

Just to report that big temp. fluctuation is happening when I vaping my DIY NET e juice.
With artificial aromas DNA control temp. much better, like it was.
Net gunk much faster, so I hoped that with precise DNA chip,
I will have more time between rewicking the coils.

Ti graph

Regards

Capture.PNG

Well, I would say no wonder about the Temp flux because you've set your power to 300 Watts !

As you (should) see on the graph that after the big spike your coil only needs around 65 Watts to keep the temperature.

So why don't you try 70 Watts, and if you have a big fancy coil set some preheat of 80 Watts for the first 1 second ?

Then you probably won't have trouble with gunking anymore, because the gunking is caused by that 300 Watt inferno.

I bet your coils will thank you too with giving you more life out of them.

Just remember: Because your mod CAN do 300 Watts doesn't mean you SHOULD do it !

Also you have longer lasting batteries... so basically its a win-win-win-win situation (no gunk, no flux, longer lasting coils and longer lasting batteries)

And it also will probably don't blow up in your face one day, too 😉

• Like 3

Hmmm, I understand this.
I put my thought on this thread, a few posts before.
I use all available watts for an instant hit when I inhale the vape like with the real cig.
Maybe with higher NIC or PG solution, will limit a TC performance with limiting available watts, and vape will become softer.
All other stuff like a Punch, Preheat, Warmth etc.
is gimmicky in my opinion.
I don't mind how many watts mod needs, for the respective build and selected temp. just want to maintain my prefered temp. and to be instant,
keep it simple. For battery concern, I believe that we all buy DNA's because of precision and safety.
It looks like we all have our way of using the mod,
it's just finesses.
Maybe I'm not right, but I'm experiencing that in this way. 

Regards

Edited by Quipu

Well, then maybe you should stop complaining about gunk and flux and wasting coils,...

And please never say: I didn't know that/never heared that before,... etcpp.

Sometimes its wise to just accept an advice. Especially when that is a) for free and b) well explained...

And NO, the "security/safety" options of a DNA will not safe you from your own stupidity.

But I see, you're the cool hero, right ? You have 300 Watts and you're so cool you just lick the posts...

Sorry, but you're the kind of type the vaping comunity really don't want ! Because you don't care, and you don't listen and you ignore the given rules !

So do me a favour, don't ask me for any further advice in the future... its wasted time.

I'm not complaining, just report what I found.
NETs are known for gunking pretty fast, regardless of the applied power.
And that buildup on the coil interferes with temp control somehow.
Mod works flawlessly on regular juices,
and I apologize for my stupidity, either way, I hope it will help somebody.
I'm sorry for your wasted time.

The topic should not go in the wrong direction 

Cheers

Edited by Quipu