Issues with replay

Yas786

Hi all,

long time lurker here but need some advice. 

So anyhow I earlier updated my dna75c mod to the new replay function. Made sure I defaulted to the evolv theme, also reset my device as well. 

So profile 8 I’ve enabled replay mode, set my watts to 50 watts and started to vape. When save puff option came up, I clicked that so it’s now replaying as it’s meant to. 

So my issues are that after a few puffs, my rda gets silly hot and I get the message check atomiser. So I lowered my watts down to 40watts and isn’t as hot as it was at 50 watts. So that’s ok but now after having a few pulls I’m finding I’m getting the dreaded burnt cotton taste. So I make sure my coil and wicks are nice and wet and away I go but again after a few pulls I’m getting the check atomiser message and burnt cotton even it’s only been a few pulls. 

Im using a dna75c squonk mod with the psyclone mods entheon. I’ve made sure the coil is nice and tight, even took it apart and re wicked with cotton. I’ve got a 4 wrap SS316L 3mm id alien coil. It’s definitely a SS316L coil. 

Ive turned replay off and vape as normal and it's perfectly fine, no check atomiser message nor do I get a burnt cotton taste even with chain vaping it till wicks are dry. 

But in replay mode the wicks are wet and as I said a few pulls I get burnt cotton. 

Any ideas??  It’s not working as it’s meant to really. 

No help guys?? Been tearing my hair out trying to get replay to work properly. 

I just don’t get why it’s not working, when I save my puff it keeps saying check atomiser, which I’ve done so many times that I’m all out of ideas!!!  

2 minutes ago, VapingBad said:

Yas try turning the warmth down on the profile, but it me it sounds like a connection issue somewhere, I havn't tried locking ohms with replay but it may help with your set up.

Thanks Vaping I’ll give it a go later today and report back. 

Ok so looks like I’ve finally fixed my issues. Seems like the entheon rda wasn’t playing nice due to it having a removeable beauty ring that goes around the rda itself. 

Anyhow so I put another SS316L Fused Clapton coil in and rewicked and still same check atomiser message was coming up. 

So I have a hadaly rda and I put that on with the same coil and voila works like a dream. No check atomiser messages when replaying etc etc. So I threw my entheon in it again and bam again check atomiser messages coming up. 

So i put my entheon on again but without the beauty ring around the bottom...and it works like a dream. 

So if anyone is having the same issues I was having, if your atty has a beauty ring then try it again without it. 

Seems like it was a connection issue, I have a rebel mods dna75c squonk mod and it seems like the mod does not like the beauty ring on it when doing replay. But without it the mod works perfect. 

All happy now \0/. 

• Thanks 2

On 5/1/2018 at 4:23 PM, jackobo said:

Got problem with Coppervape Skyline RTA, doesnt work with replay option, tried 2 ss clapton even made a ss microcoil, no such luck.

My Skyline is working fine. Still using micro coils for now but performing great with Replay.

4 hours ago, hawk256 said:

My Skyline is working fine.

Noticed, on the first puff with skyline, it blinks "save puff", on the second it dissapears. I gave up dunno what to do, maybe worse to get the second one to try, I do love this atty.

2 minutes ago, jackobo said:

Noticed, on the first puff with skyline, it blinks "save puff", on the second it dissapears. I gave up dunno what to do, maybe worse to get the second one to try, I do love this atty.

Sounds like the DNA is not seeing enough change in resistance to calculate what is needed for Replay.  Does it work as expected in standard TC mode?

16 minutes ago, jackobo said:

Yeah working no prob, have no idea, maybe some atty issue

If Replay is working with the same coil on a different atty, something must be going on with the Skyline. Maybe tear the deck down and check everything out. Make sure all the insulators are in place and the center pin is tight and making a good connection.  Other than that, I don't know of much else to recommend. My Skyline has worked fine with Replay.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1