Mesh and Replay

Spoown

Hello people,

I'm new with DNA devices and I started with the 250c because of the replay mode that I'm loving so much. I am using it a lot with quad core fused clapton in SS316L and really really loving the consistency and flavor I can get in  RDA's.

I did the Mesh jump with the Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA and I'm loving it but have found some concerns during my first build. The SS316L mesh that comes with it, after my build, had 0.12 Ohm, but when I fired it, it never showed "save replay", like it was not compatible.

Then I tryed a SS316L mesh from Vandy Vape, just did a slightly longer build and came out about 0.15 Ohm. Every time I fire it, it shows the "save puff", and works wonderfully in replay mod, without a single dry hit (did try a poorly wick fire in replay mode crossing my fingers :D )

Maybe the mesh from Digiflavor isn't realy SS316L, maybe it's another thing. Anyone found some problems with mesh?

PS: The flavor of mesh added with the Replay safety features from dry hits is turning the mesh a game changer, for me for sure. I'm really in love with the different flavors, getting more high notes of my e-juices!

Mesh Pro.jpeg

Digiflavor supply Kanthal, Ni80 and SS mesh with the RDA.  Sounds like you were unlucky by using either the Kanthal or Ni80.  Replay will only activate when a large enough change in resistance is registered when you fire the mod.  As you probably know, Kanthal and Ni80 don't really change.

4 minutes ago, znapr said:

Interesting and I definitely would like to try it. If you're after flavour, you can't beat MTL though and should definitely try it out with a suitable RTA/RDA.

I have a Siren 2 for MTL that I use with my social life activities, that's much less cloudy. I find flavors very different, more concentrated but less high tones. 

2 minutes ago, Spoown said:

I have a Siren 2 for MTL that I use with my social life activities, that's much less cloudy. I find flavors very different, more concentrated but less high tones. 

Great tank.  I use the Siren 2 and Berserker Mini for when clouds aren't welcome lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, soulvape said:

have you test it in pk mode?

Well, didn't try. since I got the mod, I've only used SS316L wires and never had a single negative issue with replay. I will try later, as Digiflavor sent 2 mesh in the SS316L bag. 

As Yorkyboy said, maybe they supplied another material in the SS bag that is not compatible with replay. Mistake is possible and that would explain the issue.

7 hours ago, 67exec said:

That wick looks awfully loose in the mesh. I can vape until the cotton is dry to the touch w/o dry hits, just using power mode, when it's so tight that it can't move side to side.

It looks but I can assure you I packed even with cotton bacon V2 because it's very dense compared to jap cotton. It's fine I think, I checked for hot spots with the cotton dryer.

Edited by Spoown

I have the VV Mesh RDA, running 400 SS316L mesh, using a proper 316L tcr value mind you, and I trim it 2MM thinner than they sell it on the spool. This winds up giving me the most accurate TC I've ever gotten. The GeekVape AS chip can keep up with the coil without issue, and the 250c does an immensely better job of it. I wind up getting perfect vapor all the way down. I did make a profile for 316L with replay enabled, and it seems that it works as advertised in TC mode as well. I set my temp and wattage as always, and once I get the boost and everything hammered out, I hit save puff. Then 20 minutes later, when I think there's something wrong with the 6 hour old mod, I look inside and see cotton so dry it desiccates the skin on my fingertip. TC alone doesn't do what TC Replay does.  

The biggest issue I have found is that every mod on the planet is sold with a SS316 profile, and no SS316L profile at all. To add to that, a lot of companies like to ride the SS coils a bit warm, so they dial the TCR up. 316L is apparently a lot more sensitive to the TCR used in the equation when it's in mesh form. I imagine something along the lines of inductance between the individual strands makes it much narrower of a resistance response. Using the 88-93 range, depending on mesh grit, the chipset is focused on the very narrow band that 316L has, and it becomes even better than it typically is with the SS316 plain TCR profiles. 

Long and the short of it, people need to ship a specific 316L profile, or VandyVape needs to plaster the TCR on the label, because the L doesn't seem significant if you don't know. 

• Like 1