problems with replay

4 hours ago, robert ferragamo said:

i was using ni 80 and set the replay it was saying playing then set it down went back to it and playing is not there no more took atomizer off change then put back still no save puff or playing am i doing somthing wrong please help out

It's probably because you are using Ni80 (alone) which is a "non-temp sensing coil."  It shouldn't even let you enable a coil that is not compatible under the replay profile (no save puff in box). It has to do with the TCR since this is what's needed to correlate the increase in resistance with other parameters. 

1 hour ago, AnytimeR said:

It's probably because you are using Ni80 (alone) which is a "non-temp sensing coil."  It shouldn't even let you enable a coil that is not compatible under the replay profile (no save puff in box). It has to do with the TCR since this is what's needed to correlate the increase in resistance with other parameters. 

ok thanks i thought that was the problem but wasnt sure

• Like 1

Just opened my Paranormal 250c :DDvaping my Themis rta with dual stapled Claptons SS316L @ .083 on replay and things seem to be working perfectly... Very nice vape off this thing. Was a bit worried after reading some other posts around here but thus far I'm delighted with my purchase :love:3rd Lost Vape mod... This thing feels really well made. Escribe allows you to set the device up not to use replay with non-temp controlled wire. Pretty stoked on this board though! Can't imagine how other chipsets will be able emulate the replay feature. Really enjoying this vaping experience!

15 hours ago, Pphish said:

Just opened my Paranormal 250c :DDvaping my Themis rta with dual stapled Claptons SS316L @ .083 on replay and things seem to be working perfectly... Very nice vape off this thing

So, no problem with screwing your tank all the way into the 510? Read a few people who just got theirs saying that the 510 is short/has no depth.

Could be that they have early production run I hope.

11 hours ago, Pphish said:

Just opened my Paranormal 250c :DDvaping my Themis rta with dual stapled Claptons SS316L @ .083 on replay and things seem to be working perfectly... Very nice vape off this thing. Was a bit worried after reading some other posts around here but thus far I'm delighted with my purchase :love:3rd Lost Vape mod... This thing feels really well made. Escribe allows you to set the device up not to use replay with non-temp controlled wire. Pretty stoked on this board though! Can't imagine how other chipsets will be able emulate the replay feature. Really enjoying this vaping experience!

Did you have to play around with any setting in the paranormal? I have this exact rta and mod, but replay is very erratic and hasn't been working for me. Any suggestions? BTW I double checked post screws and everything else I can think of, which didn't help anything.

9 hours ago, ShowerHead said:

So, no problem with screwing your tank all the way into the 510? Read a few people who just got theirs saying that the 510 is short/has no depth.

Could be that they have early production run I hope.

No the 510 is better than my 2 Triades... Nice and springy and perfectly centered. Protrudes enough for any tank that I've seen, though I've only used my Themis, Zeus, and drop rda on the mod. The Zeus doesn't protrude as much as the other 2 but still the performance was great. Slight gap when I screw on my Themis but both builds I've used read perfectly.

9 hours ago, johara45 said:

Did you have to play around with any setting in the paranormal? I have this exact rta and mod, but replay is very erratic and hasn't been working for me. Any suggestions? BTW I double checked post screws and everything else I can think of, which didn't help anything.

Didn't even hook it up to escribe for the first day of use... Finally did tonight to get the adjust the battery settings to specs my vtc5's and HG2's could safely handle and to add a 316L profile as well as some custom tfr curves for 316L.i believe I read one of your earlier posts and if I remember correctly you ended up using a Crowne3 to get your replay working... Which I found surprising seeing as the stock Uwell coils (though some unknown SS alloy) never seem to work in temp control for anybody.... Is your 510 pin tight enough on your Themis? Have you tried cleaning the deck thoroughly?the only thing I did before attaching an atomizer was using a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol to to clean up some leftover residue from the factory from the 510 area of my Paranormal. Ran into a small issue after setting the mod to only recognize temp sensing coils for replay. But after turning that off everything was back to normal. What issue are you facing? The only time it kicked me out of replay mode was when my finger accidentally selected the cancel button after firing my mod. Are you using the stock replay profile? Have your changed anything in escribe? What's your mod resistance set to?

2 hours ago, Pphish said:

No the 510 is better than my 2 Triades... Nice and springy and perfectly centered. Protrudes enough for any tank that I've seen, though I've only used my Themis, Zeus, and drop rda on the mod. The Zeus doesn't protrude as much as the other 2 but still the performance was great. Slight gap when I screw on my Themis but both builds I've used read perfectly.

So, you have a gap when you screw down one of your tanks? That tells me that the 510 deck isn't deep enough to allow the tank to seat.
Unless I misunderstood you.

I may have to revisit my Paranormal plans.

5 hours ago, Pphish said:

Didn't even hook it up to escribe for the first day of use... Finally did tonight to get the adjust the battery settings to specs my vtc5's and HG2's could safely handle and to add a 316L profile as well as some custom tfr curves for 316L.i believe I read one of your earlier posts and if I remember correctly you ended up using a Crowne3 to get your replay working... Which I found surprising seeing as the stock Uwell coils (though some unknown SS alloy) never seem to work in temp control for anybody.... Is your 510 pin tight enough on your Themis? Have you tried cleaning the deck thoroughly?the only thing I did before attaching an atomizer was using a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol to to clean up some leftover residue from the factory from the 510 area of my Paranormal. Ran into a small issue after setting the mod to only recognize temp sensing coils for replay. But after turning that off everything was back to normal. What issue are you facing? The only time it kicked me out of replay mode was when my finger accidentally selected the cancel button after firing my mod. Are you using the stock replay profile? Have your changed anything in escribe? What's your mod resistance set to?

That’s a good point I haven’t cleaned my 510 on the paranormal, so I’ll try that when I get home. I haven’t touched any settings since I got it except for adjusting wattage of course. How do you turn on/off the temp sensing coils option directly from the mod? Went searching in the menu but couldn’t find an option for that under the replay profile. The crown 3 I’m not sure if the replay is working properly as I haven’t tried to vape till it dries yet but strangely I just tried my vaporesso in wattage profile and the ohms read very close to what the coils are spec’d at .16 ohms as it’s rated at .15 where the crown was almost .12 off.

Edited by johara45

6 hours ago, ShowerHead said:

So, you have a gap when you screw down one of your tanks? That tells me that the 510 deck isn't deep enough to allow the tank to seat.
Unless I misunderstood you.

I may have to revisit my Paranormal plans.

The gap is due to a raised lip around the 510 enclosure... So the 510 connecter doesn't sit flush with the top of the mod. But on the plus side, it also doesn't seem to be press fit into the mod. Given the other 250c mods I've seen, I'd say the paranormal is the best offering right now. I'm not a big fan of the boxer form factor, or the rebel for that matter. I prefer the form factor found on thinkvape finder but think the mod itself is a bit gawdy, also my friend has the finder dna250 so I've handled the device and am not crazy about the construction/durability for the price of their 250c mod. And the Mad Modder is ridiculously overpriced. I considered waiting for a reasonably priced 4s lipo to come out but was impatient. I'm glad I went with the paranormal. Lost vape has a great reputation and device feels really solid. I literally have no complaints. I was def worried buying the device so soon after it's release, but everything seems to be working as it should. If I could find one con it would have to be with battery life; then again, it's a dual battery mod and I run power hungry builds that are .09 or lower. But I also find that battery life seems to be worse on the stock replay profile, temp control profiles are a little more friendly and replay can be enabled on them as well.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, johara45 said:

That’s a good point I haven’t cleaned my 510 on the paranormal, so I’ll try that when I get home. I haven’t touched any settings since I got it except for adjusting wattage of course. How do you turn on/off the temp sensing coils option directly from the mod? Went searching in the menu but couldn’t find an option for that under the replay profile. The crown 3 I’m not sure if the replay is working properly as I haven’t tried to vape till it dries yet but strangely I just tried my vaporesso in wattage profile and the ohms read very close to what the coils are spec’d at .16 ohms as it’s rated at .15 where the crown was almost .12 off.

You can't turn it on or off directly from the mod, it has to be hooked up to escribe. You may want to check your mod resistance in escribe or disassemble and clean your RTAs with rubbing alcohol. Check your mod resistance and case thermals. How does your 510 connector pin look? If it's not reading resistance correctly, that's most likely an issue with mod resistance. Stock value for mod resistance on my paranormal was .004;I would suggest really cleaning your RTAs deck and 510 pin then putting in a fresh build before messing with mod resistance though.

1 hour ago, Pphish said:

You can't turn it on or off directly from the mod, it has to be hooked up to escribe. You may want to check your mod resistance in escribe or disassemble and clean your RTAs with rubbing alcohol. Check your mod resistance and case thermals. How does your 510 connector pin look? If it's not reading resistance correctly, that's most likely an issue with mod resistance. Stock value for mod resistance on my paranormal was .004;I would suggest really cleaning your RTAs deck and 510 pin then putting in a fresh build before messing with mod resistance though.

Thanks Pphish, will try and report in a few days.

On 4/4/2018 at 9:56 PM, Pphish said:

If you mean replay you can turn it on and off on the mod, Evolv just didn't put it on their theme, here is the default 250C theme with replay as a check box so it doesn't hide temp and the ability to adjust preheat, boost and turn on replay for a profile (via atty screen), a few other minor things like no decimal places and step size of 1 for temp.

vb 01 int.ecigtheme

3 hours ago, VapingBad said:

If you mean replay you can turn it on and off on the mod, Evolv just didn't put it on their theme, here is the default 250C theme with replay as a check box so it doesn't hide temp and the ability to adjust preheat, boost and turn on replay for a profile (via atty screen), a few other minor things like no decimal places and step size of 1 for temp.

vb 01 int.ecigtheme

Thanks much! I noticed that your theme has revision 34 for the firmware...my Paranormal came with revision 33 and escribe hasn't prompted me to update the firmware. Is there an early release I'm missing?

2 minutes ago, Pphish said:

Thanks much! I noticed that your theme has revision 34 for the firmware...my Paranormal came with revision 33 and escribe hasn't prompted me to update the firmware. Is there an early release I'm missing?

No, I am a beta tester I just edited the theme in a beta version of EScribe.